We will be hiking Ravens Rock which has one of the best views in the area. With a total distance of 5.8 miles and a vertical gain of 1,530ft, it should take us about 4 hours to complete the hike.
Meeting Time - We will arrive at 8:00 AM, hang around the parking lot then start the hike at 8:30 AM. Those who arrive early will get a Fruit Movement surprise.
Meeting Spot - Appalachian Trail Access Point:
Pine Grove Rd, Bluemont, VA 20135.
One of the parking spots limited to about 6 cars.
1) Wear good hiking shoes or boots; this is a very rocky trail.
2) Prepare for hills. The hike follows a section of the Appalachian Trail called the roller coaster. You’re going to make 3 steep climbs and descents on the way to (and back from) the overlook.
3) DO NOT park on the street. The lot at the meeting spot is small and you will be towed if you park along the roadside.
What to Bring:
1) Appropriate clothing, good hiking shoes
2) Pack your own lunch/snacks to eat
3) Suggested water 2-3 liters
4) Bug spray / sunscreen
There are limited parking spots at our meeting point.
If you're running late, there is another parking spot down the road:
Snickers Gap - Appalachian Trailhead
Detailed parking and hike information:
If you have any other questions message Rodney Velasquez or Abdul Ogunbiyi
By attending the event you agree not to hold the organizers nor sponsor of the event responsible for any injury or harm caused to yourself or others. Fruit Movement events are meant to promote healthy and active lifestyles and involve a certain level of risk. We aim to minimize the risk by encouraging all participants to exercise their best judgment.