A group for professionals in the Clifton area (and around) to let their hair down, chill out and have fun with like minded people in this fabulous city!
We have no strict rules around age or location, but we are mostly in our 20s-40s, and most of our events take place in or around Clifton (harbourside, city centre, etc)
Fun? Yes. Professional? Yes. Best of both worlds? YES!
Things you need to know about this group…
1. There is a free Meetup app for both iPhone and Android. Please download this app so that you can keep up to date with last minute changes to events and so that organisers can reach you quickly if anything goes wrong.
2. Please make sure your profile pic shows your face clearly and only has you in it. We request this so that it's easy for event organisers to look out for you and recognise you at that start of events. We have also had confusing situations where for example a profile pic for a 'Sam' shows a man and a woman and we don't know if we're waiting for a male Sam or a female Sam.
3. There is also a zero tolerance policy on the following:
- Abuse/bullying of other members
- Racism, sexism and homophobia. We are a respectful group.
- Sexual harassment and non-consensual romantic/sexual behaviour.
- Possession or use of illegal substances.
Any reported instances of these behaviours will result in removal from the group.
4. 'No show' policy.
I'm afraid that anyone who clocks up 3 'No Shows' will be removed from the group.
A 'No Show' is defined as...
'Not showing up at an event whilst your RSVP is still set to ‘YES’ OR changing your RSVP from ‘Yes’ to ‘No’ on the day of the event or during the stated event running times.'
This is in place because it is not fair to others on the 'waitlist' if you reserve a slot you then don’t use, denying another member the opportunity to come along. It also makes it incredibly difficult for the host of an event to keep things running smoothly if people are missing and we don’t know why.
Obviously from time to time things will go wrong and people won’t be able to make it to an event. Should this happen, please change your RSVP to ‘NO’ as soon as you know you will not be able to attend. You can change an RSVP in a matter for seconds using the phone app. If you are still planning to attend but know you will be late that’s fine, just please let us know by posting a comment on the event so that everyone is not kept waiting for you.