Welcome to Fun from Delco to Delaware formally Fun in Media! Our group is geared towards anyone who is interested in participating in various FUN social activities in and around the Delco and Northern Delaware areas.
If you like happy hours, dinners, brunches, game nights, listening to a band, seeing a performance, festivals, arboretums, hiking, canoeing/kayaking Volunteering etc. you will fit right in!
Suggestions and event ideas from our members is how we keep our group active and interesting, so please reach out to us via messenger, in the group discussion, or in person at your next event, we would love to hear from you!
Basic Policy for Fun from Delco to Delaware:
These policies are put in place so that we can maintain our group's expenses and ensure that our hosts and members have a safe, easy, fun and over all great experience at our events. These are subject to be updated from time to time.
1) To offset the cost of managing our group on Meet-up.com, most events will require a nominal fee of $1-$5 per event The fee will be shown in the event. ( PLEASE NOTE: starting in August of 2021, we will be charging a FLAT $10 membership fee. ) Please give this to the organizer when you arrive. Thank you in advance for your support.
2) Members are financially responsible for any individual ticket purchases and "pay as you go" items. For example Food and Bar tab at a happy hour or brunch. Any member that leaves without paying will be immediately reported to all local groups as well as Meet-up.com. You will lose all membership privileges, bank on it.
i. When you RSVP (even if you are the waitlist), we recommend that you add the event to your personal calendar with time and location details. Event details can change at the last minute so check back before you head out and a few days before for updates. If tickets need to be purchased, you may need to check in weeks in advance. Examples of possible changes: events may get cancelled or dates changed due to weather especially for any outdoor activities, venue changes, spots become available for waitlisters etc. Organizers will be keeping everyone informed in the events discussion section and if there is a cancellation you will recieve an E-mail as long as you are subscribed to receive E-Mail messages from organizers. This option is highly recommended so you do not miss important notices or upcoming events. All messages are related to events we post, changes to events and important group updates.
ii. If you RSVP "Yes" and your plans change and are not able to attend, please update your RSVP to "No" ASAP to make room for anyone who is on the Waitlist and to be courteous to the Event Organizer. We understand that sometimes last minute things come up, reach out to the organizer immediately otherwise you will be marked as a "NO SHOW". Our "NO SHOW" policy is 3 times and you are out.
iii. You MUST RSVP to an event to attend it. If you just show up, it is not only rude to the event host as we may not have room for you but having a complete stranger just show up is a safety concern. The event organizer has the discretion to not include you in the event.
iv. Please be considerate and plan accordingly to arrive on time SPECIFICALLY for time sensitive events where the entire group could possibly be held up like tour or concert. There is definitely more flexibility with events like happy hours. Please notify the event host if you will be late.
4) A photo of YOU is required for membership approval. (i.e., no pets, groups, flowers, emoji’s, avatars, etc.). It helps event hosts identify our members when they attend events. Members with profiles out of compliance will be notified and eventually removed if not updated. We will be happy to re add members with updated profile images.
5) Code of conduct. Fun from Delco to Delaware is an all-inclusive group where kindness rules. We will not tolerate inappropriate behavior like bullying, excessive vulgarities, excessive rudeness, harassing or contacting and soliciting members without their permission. If someone makes you uncomfortable, please notify the organizers Arlene or Nicole immediately, we will handle it and you will be anonymous. We want everyone's experience in our group to be a good one.
6) By attending any of our events you are agreeing that you are responsible for your own actions and safety AND you will be held accountable and responsible for any accidents, damages, or liabilities incurred while attending any events with Fun from Delco to Delaware.
7) Membership to our group can be revoked at anytime. Some possible reasons for removal are disregarding our group policies especially harassment, overly rude behavior, and noncompliant profile photos. In addition, members who've been inactive for over 6 months will be removed as we assume you have lost interest in our group. Removal is at the discretion of the organizers. Members who feel that removal was unwarranted, please contact Arlene thru the meetup messenger to discuss. Members removed for inactivity and plan to participate may rejoin by simply joining group.
Thank you for taking the time to review our policy and hope to see you at an event soon!