What we're about
· Are you looking to enhance your career with public and interpersonal speaking skills?
· Do you want to conquer your fear of speaking in public, and to let people really know who you are?
· Are you looking to develop leadership skills?
· Are you an early riser, looking forward to getting a powerful start on a Saturday morning?
· Are you looking for positive-minded friends who are also up to something big in their own lives?
· Do you like to laugh, to contribute to others, and to learn something new each week?
These are some of the reasons people come to our Get Up To Speak (GUTS) Toastmasters Club in Annandale, Virginia. Maybe one of them is true for you! We invite you to visit one of the largest clubs in the area with a diverse membership. Our members have a wide range of speaking skills and experience, and all are dedicated to supporting and learning from each other.
GUTS exists as Club 5986, Area 62, Division F, District 27, Region 7.
We meet every Saturday, 8 to 10 A.M., at the United Baptist Church of Annandale, 7100 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA. Enter from the parking lot and look for the signs inside. Dress comfortably. Come hungry. We have bagels, juice and coffee. We will help you become a better speaker! Our two-hour meetings are designed to allow club members the opportunity to learn and practice public speaking while gaining valuable leadership skills and immediate, constructive feedback.
When you visit us, you will hear three prepared speeches of about 5 to 7 minutes each, evaluations of each of those speeches of about 2 to 3 minutes each, and Table Topics, in which members are called to speak impromptu for 1 to 2 minutes on a wide variety of topics. There's a high degree of spontaneity, warmth and humor at GUTS meetings. Meetings are filled with applause and positive reinforcement. We always start with the GUTS yell: "What does it take to get up on a Saturday morning and come to Toastmasters?" "GUTS!"
You've probably heard about Toastmasters. Come experience a meeting for yourself! It can change your life!
The Mission of Every Toastmasters Club:
We provide a supportive and positive learning experience in which members are empowered to develop communication and leadership skills, resulting in greater self-confidence and personal growth.