Help us change the world one line of code at a time!
Over the last 14 years, GSoC has enabled more than 14,762 students from 109 countries to work with 651 open source projects and produce millions of lines of code since its inception in 2005.
The goals of the program are to:
● Motivate students to begin participating in open source
● Provide students in Computer Science and related fields the
opportunity to do work related to their academic pursuits.
● Give students exposure to real-world software development
scenarios (e.g., testing, version control, software licensing,
mailing-list etiquette, etc.).
● Create more open source code.
● Help open source projects bring in new developers.
* Event Agenda: https://goo.gl/reqCuu
* Things to bring:
- A laptop
- A wifi box
- Positive attitude.
* Useful resources:
- GSOC timeline: https://goo.gl/aMEMFm
- Program overview: https://goo.gl/bY9UGf
- Student guide: https://goo.gl/re9xTv