GDG Cloud Oslo, Norway is a non-profit community of cloud developers – both for newcomers and veterans.
We strive to have one main event every month, and it could be one of the following:
1. Presentation We invite speakers to present on cutting-edge tech research that affects developers. The topics revolve around GCP or cloud in general, artificial intelligence, Big Data, server operations, and Internet of Things. It can be both longer talks (45-60 min) and lightning talks (15-20 min).
2. Workshop At our hands-on workshops, you should bring your laptop. At the beginning, there will typically be a tutorial on different aspects of the topic at hand. Subsequently, you can implement what you just learned on your laptop and ask the organising team any questions if you run into problems.
3. Hackathon An event where you will get a chance to dive deeper into a specific topic or the area of interest.
Hope to see you in person at one of the events!
Please feel free to get in touch if you have an interesting topic you would like to present, or if you know someone who might be interested in presenting. We would like to hear from you!
Edge computing helps to break beyond the limitations imposed by, now, traditional cloud solutions. Some of the reasons might be privacy concerns, reducing the need for heavy processing resources, reducing the amount of data that is sent over the network – just to mention a few.
In this talk, we will introduce the concept and benefits of Edge Computing, how such devices can be built using affordable hardware and we will look at examples on how IoT Edge devices are in practice as well as comparing Edge Computing with other options.
As a live demo, we will be using a system built using Google Coral IoT Edge device. This is an example to process video streams on the Edge and designed to keep the privacy of the people intact; without leaking faces and identity of the people to a 3rd party. In addition to standard video processing, we will show advanced ML techniques and models that are processed on to the device to demonstrate the power and flexibility of the Edge devices nowadays.
We will also be talking about our experiences working with Google Coral that is currently in Beta.
p.s. This event will be at the Google's office here in Oslo. See "How to find us" section for more details.
* Tannaz Roshandel – Tannaz works as a cloud engineer, where she is building an open source cloud service for research and education.
In her spare time, she is the deputy chairwoman of javaBin board - Norwegian Java User Group, one of the organizers of JavaZone, and a robot builder. She is also passionate about computer ethics.
* Rustam Mehmandarov – Passionate computer scientist. Chief engineer, and a competency network lead for IT architecture and integration at work. Leader of JavaZone; ex-leader of Norwegian JUG – javaBin. Course instructor. Speaker. Java Champion. Google Developers Expert (GDE) for Cloud.