Welcome back! We finally starting a year with GDG Cloud Meetup Ottawa related to Data services, AI/ML on GCP overview and TensorFlow Dev Summit Recap. We going to try a new location for our Meetup! A huge thanks to Pythian for making this possible by hosting us, sponsoring beer and pizza and finally bringing some great speakers.
Talk #1: Intro and Tensorflow Dev Summit Recap.
By Archy, CNCF Ambassador
Length: 20 mins
Talk #2 Machine Learning API Hands-on
Length: 40 mins
Description: It’s no secret that machine learning is one of the fastest growing fields in tech, and the Google Cloud Platform has been instrumental in furthering it’s development. With a host of APIs, GCP has a tool for just about any machine learning job. In this intermediate-level presentation, we will experiment machine learning APIs such as:
- AI Chatbot with Dialogflow;
- Cloud Vision API to detect labels, faces, and landmarks in images;
- Cloud Vision, Natural Language, and Translation APIs to capture text strings from images, recognize characters, and analyze and translate the text strings into other languages;
- Natural Language API to classify text into categories, extract entities, and perform sentiment and syntactic analysis on a block of text;
- AutoML Vision to train a custom model to recognize different types of clouds (cumulus, cumulonimbus, etc.);
- Cloud ML Engine to train, hyperparameter train and deploy a TensorFlow model for serving purposes.
Short Bio: Carlos Timoteo is a Data Scientist at Pythian, with emphasis on Machine Learning Engineering to deploy scalable data solutions on the cloud. He also "loves his data" and holds MSc in Computer Engineer.
Talk #3 Google Cloud Storage & Databases
Length: 40 mins
Short Bio: Stephane Frechette is Google Cloud Solution Architect @ Pythian. His passions are Databases, Data Engineering, Data Science, Analytics, drums, good food and fine wine.
Description: Coming soon!