What we're about
Google Developer Groups Reading and Thames Valley (GDG Reading & Thames Valley) is the community for developers interested in Google technologies in Reading and the Thames Valley, including Bracknell, Wokingham, Maidenhead, Marlow, Newbury, Slough and Windsor.
Google technologies are an essential part of every developer’s toolkit. Making whatever you develop faster, more intuitive, powerful and reliable. But things move fast and it can be challenging to keep up. Google Developer Groups help you learn from your peers, find out what’s new and share ideas.
GDG Reading & Thames Valley has several sub-groups:
• Mobile: Covers Android, Android development (http://developer.android.com/develop/index.html) and mobile integration with other Google technologies.
• Cloud Platform: A platform for cloud based services such as: Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service.. Google Cloud Platform (https://cloud.google.com/) includes App Engine, Compute Engine, Bigquery (Big Data), Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, etc...
• Connection: Google+, Gmail, Youtube and APIs
• Apps for Work: A powerful suite of cloud based productivity and collaboration tools.
• Marketing: Ads and Analytics (http://www.google.com/analytics/) make the web really work for business.
• Internet of Things: Nest (https://nest.com/uk/) and connected device APIs
• Future Technologies: Deepmind, Wearables and more - be amazed by the possibilities.
• Developer Startups: Helping emerging companies with ideas, technical advice, infrastructure etc.
GDG Reading and Thames Valley meets monthly at GROW in Green Park (https://www.connecttvt.co.uk/grow) in Reading and at various other locations across Berkshire. Regular hackathons, training sessions and events too.
Let’s Build a Community
Don’t be frightened
Developers aren’t all experienced full-time employees for enterprise companies - often they are business people trying to design better websites, create an app or get on the cloud. And we all have to learn - students are very welcome and we can help you gain valuable business experience as well as technical skills. Last but not least - we advise on methods and products we believe are best, not necessarily to maximise sales of Google products or services.
Disclaimer: GDG Reading and Thames Valley is an independent group; our activities and the opinions expressed here should in no way be linked to Google, the corporation.