Google Developer Group (GDG) When you join a Google Developer Group, you’ll have the opportunity to meet local developers with similar interests in technology. A GDG meetup event includes talks on a wide range of technical topics where you can learn new skills through hands-on workshops. The community prides itself on being an inclusive environment where everyone and anyone interested in tech - from beginner developers to experienced professionals - all are welcome to join.
WHAT IS GDG?
Google Developer Groups (GDGs) are for developers who are interested in Google's developer technology; everything from the Android, Chrome, Drive, and Google Cloud platforms, to product APIs like the Cast API, Maps API, and YouTube API.
A GDG can take many forms -- from just a few people getting together to watch our latest video, to large gatherings with demos and tech talks, to events like code sprints and hackathons. However, at the core, GDGs are focused on developers and technical content, and the core audience should be developers.
YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy68F4289uM
Workshop Contents :
● User interface
● User input
● Recycler view using paged list adapter
● Room database
● Json parsing
● MVVM design pattern
● Firebase (if time permits)
● Launching app into playstore
Speaker details -
● Ruthvik B.R - Google certified android developer, Final year undergrad student at Vidyavardhaka College Of Engineering , Mysore
● Adith A Danthi - Google certified android developer, Pre - Final year undergrad student at Vidyavardhaka College Of Engineering , Mysore