What we're about
Girlfriends are a key to happiness for women of all ages, and as we get older, our friends can be key to good health as well. If you’d like to expand your girlfriend network, are 50 or older, and live in the greater Puget Sound area, you’re in the right place!
Single, married, in a relationship, lots of children or no children, we’d love for you to join and bring your positive, upbeat outlook to our gatherings. Collectively, we’ll create fun and interesting social events to connect and forge deeper friendships with each other, as well as support each other with kindness and compassion.
As members, we host and determine our scheduled events.
Since our own members host events of their choosing, the majority of events take place throughout the Puget Sound area. We sometimes have adventures outside of the greater Seattle area, for example, snowshoeing in the Cascades or a day trip to ???. A large majority of our events are planned in advanced, although spontaneous events are also welcomed. It’s all up to you!
= = = Please carefully read our guidelines = = =
(especially before sending a request to join)
COVID POLICY (Spring 2022 edition): After 2+ years we've learned to adapt easily between the various protections implemented for multiple settings and communities. The best & easiest plan is to always have a mask & proof of vaccination with you for all events - for the foreseeable future.
Our "official" COVID policy details are on the Message Board - please be sure to review periodically. Also, make sure you read any Event instructions from your Host before RSVP'ing and before leaving for event.
• 1) We request your profile picture to show a clearly identifiable recent head & shoulders shot of you, ideally with only you in the photo. Please avoid using a photo with anything that obscures your face, ex: a large brimmed hat, sunglasses, etc. We make this request so we are able to identify each other at gatherings.
• 2) Be an active participant. It’s the only way to meet others and have fun together. We ask that all members attend a minimum of one event every 4 months. If there is an activity you want to do but are not seeing posted, message one of our current hosts & we can help you get the activity posted.
Or, better still, become a host! Events can be as simple as everyone listening to an outdoor concert together, to a weekend away, or attending a virtual event together, and everything in between... and we do mean just about everything! If something interests you, it’s very likely that others are interested as well! It’s easy to host, we promise.
• 3) Out of respect to our members and businesses we visit, be sure to keep your RSVP current. We understand sometimes things can change our best made plans, just be sure to update your status to “Not Going” in a timely manner before the event. PLEASE CHECK THE MESSAGE BOARD FOR MORE DETAILS ON USING THE RSVP SYSTEM.
• 4) Girlfriends 50+ is a woman’s social group, therefore please leave your business hat and promotions at home.
• 5) Lastly, make sure your settings allow you to receive group & leadership notifications from the organizers. It is the only way for you to receive notification of events or changes to the group.
To join us, click the button, answer a few simple questions, and tell us a little about yourself.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Girlfriends 50+ Social Circle Members
Upcoming events (4)
Past events (239)
This content is available only to members