Update: 1/11/21 We are currently not accepting new members. Please check back in a month or two!
Female friends are a key to happiness for women of all ages, and as we get older, our friends can be key to good health as well. If you’d like to expand your girlfriend network and are between the ages of 50-75 and live in the greater Puget Sound area, you’re in the right place! Collectively, we’ll create fun and interesting social events to connect and forge deeper friendships with each other, as well as support each other with kindness, compassion, and understanding.
Single, married, in a relationship, lots of children or no children, we’d love for you to join and bring your positive, upbeat outlook to our gatherings. We, as members, will collaboratively host and determine our scheduled events.
Since our own members will be hosting events and activities, locations for our Meetups will vary (as will days of the week), but most should take place in the Puget Sound area.
~~~ IMPORTANT ~~~ We need to be able to identify each other at gatherings, therefore your profile picture needs to meet the following criteria BEFORE membership approval:
* a clearly identifiable recent head and shoulders shot of you ALONE, no other people in the shot.
* without sunglasses and without a hat that obscures your face.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP WILL BE DECLINED IF YOUR PHOTO DOES NOT MEET THE CRITERIA. If you are unsure how to change your profile photo in Meetup, please use Google/the internet to find instructions.
Girlfriends 50+ group rules are very simple, non-negotiable ;) and are as follows:
1. To cover the fees that Meetup charges, there is a $10 per person, per year dues (or less often depending on how much in dues is raised over time) due within 1 month of joining the group. Dues will be used ONLY to cover Meetup’s monthly fees.
REFUND POLICY: If, after attending 2 events in your first 3 months of membership in our Girlfriends 50+ Group, you feel that this group is not for you, please contact Lauren H. or Terri S. We will gladly provide a refund of $8.75 - your most recent dues paid less the $1.25 "cut" that Meetup takes. Because this is a shared group, relying on each member to contribute to its sustainability, and because we also feel strongly that you get out of it what you give back, refunds will not be available for any other reason(s).
2. Must host (with a Girlfriends 50+ organizer’s help to post to the group) at least one event of your choice in our Meetup group per year. Events can be as simple as a bring your own sack lunch and get together to listen to a concert at a park, to a weekend away, and everything (and we do mean just about everything) in between. If it's something you’re interested, it’s very likely that others are as well! It’s easy to host, I promise!
3. Must attend at least one other person’s Girlfriends 50+ event per six (6) months.
4. Girlfriends 50+ is a woman’s social group, therefore please leave your business hat and promotions at home.
Lastly, have you made sure your settings in this group allow you to receive notifications from the organizers? It is important that you do, it is the only way for us to reach you. If not, you will miss out on notification of new events, changes, and the like.
To join us, click the button, answer a few simple questions, and tell us a little about yourself. We’ll review promptly, and look forward to seeing you all soon!