addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Greater New Orleans Tea Party Message Board 2012 PRESIDENTIAL AND VP CANDIDATES › ROMNEY-RYAN TICKET......... UP AND RUNNING!!!!!

ROMNEY-RYAN TICKET......... UP AND RUNNING!!!!!

Terri
user 9090133
Kenner, LA
Post #: 3,264
Here's the video of the complete RYAN speech (even tho it says "exerpt")
http://www.weeklystan...­

Also...... I think this is what Ryan was referring to when he said our "rights come from nature"......

The author of the Declaration, Thomas Jefferson, was well-versed in political philosophers of the European Enlightenment. Among the first and most widely read was Thomas Hobbes, author of Leviathan (1651), who proposed that natural rights existed because they were fundamental to our nature. Everyone wants life, liberty, and happiness; they are part of who we are ; and therefore it is contrary to nature, arguably contrary to the will of God, to deny us those rights needlessly
A former member
Post #: 1
Romney made the right choice. His ticket basically says "No, we're not multicultural or hip. We are the boring, smart guys who know what we're doing, and you know that's what you really want."
A former member
Post #: 3
I was also really hoping for Rubio too. He would help with Florida but he's also so intelligent,well spoken and inspiring.

I do like Ryan and think he's amazingly bright. However I heard something this morning on 99.5 that he voted for a lot of the spending increases under Bush. Was quite surprised. Does anyone have any additional information/ history on his voting record as a congressman?
Terri
user 9090133
Kenner, LA
Post #: 3,265
Paul Ryan voting record: http://votesmart.org/...­

Hoping he is a REFORMED spender........ I do think he "gets" our economic situation now. Haven't had a chance to really look at his record yet.

Once upon a time (unfortunately)...... most Americans evaluated the worth and popularity of their Reps based on how much $$$$$ they brought home from Washington. I think we are NOW awake!! (Although Mary Landrieu is still stuck in this tax and spend mode and likes to brag about it. We WILL fix that in 2014)
A former member
Post #: 4
Thanks Terri, I feel better now!!
Mary
user 8981040
Group Organizer
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 437
Paul Ryan spoke the words that PERKED up our ears.... If you read 5000 year leap, you know this PRINCIPLE.

Discover the 28 fundamental beliefs of the Founding Fathers which they said must be understood and perpetuated by every people who desired peace, prosperity, and freedom.

These beliefs have made possible more progress in 200 years than was made previously in over 5,000 years. Thus the title "The 5,000 Year Leap".

The following is a brief overview of the principles found in The 5,000 Year Leap, and one chapter is devoted to each of these 28 principles.

Principle 1 - The only reliable basis for sound government and just human relations is Natural Law.

Natural law is God's law. There are certain laws which govern the entire universe, and just as Thomas Jefferson said in the Declaration of Independence, there are laws which govern in the affairs of men which are "the laws of nature and of nature's God."

We can only hope he lives up to PRINCIPLE #2 and 3

Principle 2 - A free people cannot survive under a republican constitution unless they remain virtuous and morally strong.

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." - Benjamin Franklin

Principle 3 - The most promising method of securing a virtuous people is to elect virtuous leaders.

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt. He therefore is the truest friend to the liberty of his country who tries most to promote its virtue, and who ... will not suffer a man to be chosen into any office of power and trust who is not a wise and virtuous man." - Samuel

I recommend to any NEW MEMBER to read the book.... "A miracle that changed the world..."
http://www.nccsstore....­

100 years of PROGRESSIVISM.. will not be restored in this one election... DO NOT TAKE A NAP - Patriots...
after the Romney/Ryan WIN ... we have to focus on 2014 Sen. Landrieu....

Gov. Jindal in all probability will be picked for a Cabinat post... which the LT GOV will be Governor...
(Some say UGH! no different...some say just MAYBE he will meet with us not unlike Jindal)
so I guess we should begin EDUCATING Jay Dardenne ONCE AGAIN.... we can reach him now...before he becomes Governor... use the opportunity to talk to him.... I will Friday... at lunch!

We have hundreds of posting on many issues... I will dig deep , print and hand it too him... among other things...

We need to CONTINUE TO PUSH UP HILL - We might not ever see the TOP of the HILL but we must continue the journey.
A former member
Post #: 5
Well said Mary. Lots of work and reading ahead.

Locally, I am feeling the progressive agenda being pushed on us as both a resident and business owner in New Orleans. It is becoming apparent that we're losing our freedoms at an alarming pace. Our building business property taxed just doubled, clients ( and us locals too) from other parts of the city are being harassed by those ridiculous traffic cameras, those painted bike lanes cropping up on busy streets making it crazy to drive to and from work at times!

I feel like I am swimming upstream trying to inform the people in the arts community. Amazing how many have never hear of unagenda21 and New Orleans is an IClELI member! Some at least are starting to listen.

The Obama administration and our mayor are working together and our city council (with the exception of Stacey Head) seem to be totally on board with these repressive ideas. George Soros is also involved in our universities and recently held a forum at Loyola.

November can't come soon enough!
Terri
user 9090133
Kenner, LA
Post #: 3,266
Great posts, Mary and Carol........ WE ARE PUSHING ..... AND RUNNING TOWARD LIBERTY!!!! biggrin

It is obvious that Paul Ryan HAS READ and UNDERSTANDS these words regarding the laws of nature and of God.......from the Declaration of Independence:

The Declaration of Independence: A Transcription

IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

READ THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE HERE:
http://www.archives.g...­

I suggest EVERYONE re-read the Declaration of Independence today...... it will hit you hard when you realize how similar some of the the actions of Team Obama are to the "injuries and usurptions" committed by the King of England in what our Founders described as "absolute TYRANNY over the states".

A good reminder of WHY we must DECLARE OUR INDEPENDENCE on Nov 6 from ALL those who would condone the actions of this totalitarian style regime!!!

Don't miss the wonderful comments from our GNOTP PATRIOT members....... scroll UP to read them all.

LOVE YOU GUYS.....AND GALS!!!! biggrin (Don't know about you...but I am PUMPED today...... the Romney-Ryan crowd is fired up and extolling CONSERVATIVE VALUES all over Fox News today!! FINALLY!!!)
Lynne H.
user 9726913
Marrero, LA
Post #: 12
ROMNEY & RYAN - REALLY RESONANT RING! I'm jazzed!!!biggrin
Randy E.
user 10393665
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 156
I am very happy with Romney's choice for VP in Paul Ryan!!! Now that this excellent choice has been made, Let's get Obama OUT of the White House!