The weather forecast calls for showers on Saturday morning. I've move this event to Sunday afternoon for better chance of dry weather and to allow the trail paths to dry up.
1. I will update this page to cancel, either because of the weather or unforeseen circumstances, so please check this page on the day of the event.
2. Please arrive about 15 minutes early to sign a waiver and be prepared to provide an emergency contact name and number. If you have a cell phone, bring it with you and list that number down on the waiver.
3. Please do some research on the hike and select hikes that suit you.
4. Dress appropriately for the weather with sturdy hiking shoes or boots. Bring hiking poles if you have them to help with stability. For winter walks, you might need snowshoes, icers or microspikes.
5. Bring sufficient fluids and snacks for longer hikes.
6. We will often not have access to washrooms or portable toilets on these trails but bio-breaks are possible, if needed, along the walk.
7. If you are bringing guests, please RSVP accordingly and make sure they are aware of the hike details.
8. Be respectful of the environment. Take your garbage and pictures but leave everything else behind.
9. No dogs on my walks.
10. If you have any suggestions or concerns, I’m all ears.
This trail system links neighbourhoods, parks and linear open space corridors within the forested hills of St Andrews in north-west Aurora. It is bordered by Bathurst St in the west, St John’s Sideroad in the north and Aurora Heights Drive in the south and reaches one of the highest points in Aurora.
The mapped circuit is about 8+km and the walk is estimated to last 2+ hours. The trail is mainly in wooded forests with some rolling hills, some sidewalk links and the path is a combination of paved, natural and gravel surfaces.
A map of the trail can be found at:
We will meet at the parking lot of Summit Park on Orchard Heights Blvd. Please see red arrow on the map for the exact location.