Chris Coates will lead a presentation on Project Manager Abdication and Situational Awareness. He will discuss:
• What does it mean for a Project Manager to "abdicate"?
• How and why does this happen? What are some strategies to manage this phenomenon?
Research indicates that this is a symptom of a greater cause. Knowing your team members' personalities, how they think, how they work, not only allows you to communicate more effectively, but can arm you to use your team's collective strengths in service of the project.
If possible, please bring your Myers-Briggs type with you to the meeting (including the numerical range for each category). You can take the test here: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
Chris Coates has a PhD in English from UF and has been a PMP since 2008. Here are a few more details about his background:
• Taught Literature for 11 years and Web Design for 2
• Web Designer for 1 year
• Web Developer for 1 year (not good at it)
• Project Management for the last 20-ish years
• 6:30pm - 7:00pm - Networking & Food. Please RSVP so we order enough!
• 7:00pm - 8:00pm - Presentation. (1.0 PDUs, Leadership category)
Project Management Institute Gainesville site (PMI GNV) is an official site under the PMI Tampa Bay chapter (PMITB). All members of PMI GNV are strongly encouraged to join PMITB and take advantage of their many programs and professional development opportunities.