Explore the East Bay with the Gals!
Join the Gals for a casually paced roll along the fully paved Iron Horse Trail! This is a fine ride for single and 3-speed bikes. We'll meet at Pleasant Hill BART, hop on the trail for trip to downtown Danville, stop for coffee, lounge around a bit and then retrace our wheels and return to Pleasant Hill BART. This is a great way to try a few more miles than an "A" ride without much more effort. Estimated time with breaks and regroups is about 3-4 hours.
Level: Easy B (see "about us" for details)
Distance: 20 almost flat miles
Start time: Arrive by 9:45 for a 10:AM push-off time.
Start/End: Pleasant Hill BART
• We ride at a relaxed pace and won't leave anyone behind.
• RSVP required. Helmet, working bicycle, and basic riding skills required.
(Not had your bicycle out in a very long while? Please have it checked over by a bike mechanic to be sure it is safe and reliable.)
• Please carry ID and emergency contact info
• We'll ride on the road with and without a bike lane, and multi-use paths.
• Rain cancels. We will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
• Bring your questions -- Anything you want to know about biking? No question is too basic -- probably other Gals will have the same question!
We are grateful for all the good work of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition and Bike East Bay to improve conditions for bicycling in the Bay Area. We encourage you to check out their work and join. You can join either (or both) organizations at a ride for discounted rate of $25 per organization for a one-year membership.