What we're about
Pope Francis met with and told a Gay Man (May 2018): (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-god-made-gay-homosexuality-vatican-catholic-church-sex-abuse-chile-juan-carlos-cruz-a8360421.html)
"That you are gay does not matter.
God made you like that and loves you like this and
I don’t care. The Pope loves you like this.
You have to be happy with who you are.”
This is a relaxed "No Attitude" small (now larger) Social Community of CatholiX: Gay Catholics, Christians & Friends - Regardless of Where You Find Yourself in "Your Own Personal Spiritual Journey."
CatholiX is gender-neutral term to emphasize full inclusion of any and all genders of Gay Catholics, Christians & Friends (www.CatholiX.org)
Our events are mainly Social and Current Affairs Discussion gatherings with specific interest on discussing current issues affecting Gay Catholics and Christians. Our events include topic-related Current Event Casual Chats; Movies; Jazz Mass; Dinners; Mass & Sports Bar; Theater; Guest Speakers; Book Readings; Music/Concert; Picnics; Walks; Sunset-Watch; Volunteer Projects/Events and others.
There is no fee to join the community and most events are free, but if there are any costs associated with events planned - they will be included in the event posting (ie, movie, theater, speaker, etc)
• For Members far away or unable to physically attend the events, we also hold online chats, video calls & "free online course" events with group discussions on member-suggested topics. If you would like to set up an event closer to you or your parish, let us know and we will help you organize it.
• For Churches & Organizations Near or Far: If you would like us to share some of your LGBTQ Ministry & Outreach events with the group, please reach out to the group's organizers with a brief description & date/time/rsvp specifics of the event; along with your contact info(email/phone) for event verification.
Group's Volunteer "COMMUNITY OUTREACH" Initiatives Include:
• New FREE Proximity-based "Gay Catholics Christians" Mobile APP: Download the Group's "Free" Mobile App on Google Play Apps (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ima.fantastic.gaycatholicsandchristians&hl=en), Apple's iTunes App Store (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gay-catholics-christians/id978686954?mt=8), Amazon App Store (http://amzn.com/B00SSL02B0), HTML5 (http://h.fanapp.mobi/gaycatholicsandchristians) & other major Mobile App Stores. The free mobile app was recently developed and launched by volunteers from the group, and it is now one of the fastest growing Catholic Mobile Apps on Google Play, Apple's iTunes App Store & others. App has now been downloaded over 10,000 times by Gay Catholics and Christians in the United States, Latin America, Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
• New BOOK: University Chronicle - "God's Black Porsche: Dating Stories from NYC's Gay Catholics & Christians (http://a.co/8kgSQda)" - New Book of Gay Catholics & Christians Dating Stories on Challenges of Balancing Faith, Values & Sex in NYC.
• LGBTQ Catholics & Christians Relationships Online Survey & Research Project: If you have 3 minutes, please fill out the online survey at https://surveyhero.com/c/7ac9c9da
The Gay Catholics Christians & Friends Group Organizers are volunteers, not professionals and we do not have any type of certified training. Organizers are going on spiritual, social and/or recreational activities and inviting others to join.
Participation in any event with the group is at your own and your guests' risk. Safety is your responsibility. Make sure that you and any guest you may bring are in good physical condition to participate.
By requesting to become a member, accessing the group's site or mobile app, and/or attending any of the events myself, and any guests that I may bring,
I, and any guests that I may bring to the events, fully understand that any events/activities of the group may be dangerous and, by becoming member, I acknowledge and accept all the possible risks of injury, loss, or damage to me and any of my guests arising directly or as a consequence of any Gay Catholics Christians & Friends Group activity.
I, and any guest that I may bring to the events, hereby release the Gay Catholics Christians & Friends Group and all the activity/event organizers from all responsibility for any injury, loss, or damage to myself or any of my guests and release the said Group and organizers from any and all claims including any claims which may be made in my name, or in the name of any of my guests, by my or their heirs, successors, administrators, and executors of my will.
Photo: "We have attended the annual Outdoors PRIDE Mass at the Stonewall National Monument - Sheridan Square since it started, and 2018's was the LARGEST TURNOUT we have seen to date. A turnout that included every age group and every member of our LGBTQ community" (June 20, 2018)