Crypto-Party...Party like it's December 31st, 1983
A free practical workshop for anyone interested in keeping their digital lives private. Our first topic will be presented by Keith Watson from the GA Tech College of Computing on Passive-Wifi Monitoring, how Wi-Fi can be hacked to expose passwords and how to protect yourself. Please RSVP for this event in meetup so we can make sure we can get refreshments and seating. Pseudonymous signups can be done, without creating an account, at http://www.needtomeet.com/meeting?id=mw2gvxc6V. A donation is greatly appreciated, but not required, to help support Geekspace Gwinnett.
8-10 Movie - Hackers
Stop by for a few minutes to ask some questions or stay for the whole time to talk about security, privacy and the latest news.
Some of the topics that the group will cover:
- Proper tin foil hat construction (what, no paranoia jokes?)
- full disk encryption for your computers and memory sticks
- encrypted email, text messages, IM on all your devices
- anonymous browsing and tracker-avoidance
- password generation, databases and management