Geekspace Gwinnett is getting closer and closer to securing a permanent Space.
To that end we are calling on anyone and everyone who wants to be involved in the Space on DAY ONE to pledge to be a member.
The Space that we have in our sights (and will be pursuing to lease before the end of the year if all goes well) is located on McDonough Drive in Norcross (Jimmy Carter Blvd @ I-85 (northbound side)) and has 1,820 square feet of space, with ~600 of that "warehouse" type shop-space and the rest "office" space.
We cannot secure a lease until:
1. We have enough member pledges to pay the rent and utilities on a monthly basis
2. We have enough cash to get the space up and running.
How it works:
- Membership dues are $50/month and are not tax deductible
- Pledge now. Your first month's dues won't be needed until we ask for them (Mid November at the earliest)
- By pledging now you will be considered a CHARTER MEMBER of Geekspace Gwinnett-- We'll figure out the spiffs later, but they'll be some sort of recognition. :-)
If you wish to donate money to the group:
- We're working on getting the corporation incorporated and tax-exempt status via School Factory set up. We'll send out information when all that is in place.
If you have tools, equipment or other things (specific skills, time, and manpower) to donate:
- We have a Google Doc here
. Add your name and a list of equipment in one of the categories.
What to do:
- Send an E-Mail with the following to [address removed] with the subject "Geekspace Gwinnett Member Pledge":
- Your Full Name
- Your preferred Nickname or Handle (optional)
- A contact phone number
- Your E-mail Address
As of today we have 64 members on our Meetup group. If just HALF of you pledge in, we'll be over 80% of the way to our goal!