What we're about
Upcoming events (2)
[Mixed participation: Geneva + Zoom]
This practice session will be facilitated by Jay Last, and the theme is "Alternatives to punishment", related to the chapter "The Protective Use of Force" from Dr. Marshall Rosenberg's book "Non-Violent Communication: A Language of Life" (numbering of that chapter for 2nd edition of the book is 11 / numbering for 3rd edition-2015 is 11+1 = 12).
Participants are encouraged to read at least this chapter before the session, for best learning and practice benefits.
You may opt to a join group of 10 persons max by David Laou's if you like to meet, connect, practice in presence from Geneva -> please comment on the Meetup event or your RSVP!
If you're not coming in presence, you may join the videoconference with either:
• permanent shortcut http://NVCGeneva.ch/zoom
• clicking the location mention "Online event"
• using the Zoom Meeting ID[masked] and passcode NVC
We will study and apply together Nonviolent Communication (NVC) in English. This is a revolutionary way of relating authentically with yourself and others through building consciousness around: Empathy and Self-Empathy, Compassion, Emotional Freedom, Self-Expression among others essential elements!
The goal is to grow our capacity to communicate and exist in Truth from the Heart.
If you are brand-new to NVC, please read or watch an introduction so you can come with questions and the first ideas about it: http://www.meetup.com/Geneva-NVC-Practice/messages/boards/thread/49971513 . In addition, at 19:45 we will be online to give a general introduction and answer questions, before the actual practice session starts on the Zoom link at 20:00.
The schedule is:
• 19:40 Technical tests (useful if you're not familiar with the videconferencing tool Zoom)
• 19:45 All participants welcome & Introduction to NVC, Q&A (useful if this is your first contact)
• 20:00 Opening rounds
• 20:15 NVC practice on the theme of the session
• 22:00 Closing rounds
• 22:15 Finished
NVC Geneva supports connection, harmony and alternatives to violence at the personal, community and global level. We unite and inspire each other to effectively support access to NVC to the international community in and around Geneva.
Together with CNVSuisse.ch will hold a booth to popularize NVC at the Alternatiba Léman festival, which should be taking place over the full day of Sat 26 Sept in parc des Bastions this year.
More information about Alternatiba Léman, including [unreleased] full programme and map: http://www.alternatibaleman.org
We hope to have your support, and meet your family, friends, colleagues who might have there an opportunity for a first contact with NVC.
We'll try to have a continuous presence on our booth (zone "I" = Éducation pour enfants et adultes), and have communicated on the following schedule for special sessions :
• Introduction à la CNV (30 min, English speakers welcome!) à 10h, 12h, 14h, 16h et 18h
• Jeux pour enfants et adultes, autour de la CNV (20 min, English speakers welcome!) à 11h, 13h, 15h et 17h
At Alternatiba the NVC Geneva tent will be up during the whole day. If you wish to coordinate and make sure we have staff to welcome the public, so that we cover the full day with our presence and energy, please feel free to RSVP here, and even more precisely, liaise with us through this conversation - accessible with a Microsoft/Skype account, or even without just with a web browser: https://join.skype.com/k4lC8dNyapfL
Dynamic presence polling for the booth on :
• at first, -> 21 Aug: indicate availability timeslots
• later, -> 28 Aug: tune availability timeslots, choose your moments according to your preferences and/or booth presence deficit vs. public attendance
• eventually and until the last moment: indicate when you'd like to be there as precisely as possible!
Forecast attendance (from 1 = min to 10 = max)
• 10h-11h -> 8
• 11h-12h -> 5
• 12h-13h -> 10
• 13h-14h -> 8
• 14h-15h -> 8
• 15h-16h -> 7
• 16h-17h -> 4
• 17h-18h -> 7
• 18h-19h -> 8
• 19h-20h -> 3