What we're about
Upcoming events (2)
Hi Friends, we have numerous events coming up in January this year, please take a few moments to look at what's available. (and there may be more coming) Why not join us for one or more of these fun healthy events.
1. HERBS FOR HEALTH & HAPPINESS, Sunday, January 3, 6 pm, Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church, 2931 Kingston Pike. Our next presenter will be Danna Sharp, a professional herbalist and also an expert forager who leads expeditions into the woods looking for tasty edibles. After Danna's presentation about "foods as medicines", we will enjoy a potluck supper, including a big pot of steamed greens by Juan to bring us into the new year. We would love your donations to our white elephant table ---- recycled gifts, anyone? If you have not renewed your membership, this January meeting would be a great time to do so and support our programs. Check here (http://vs-et.com) for more information about the Vegetarian Society of East Tennessee
2. YASSIN'S for Vegan SabziKhordan & Baklava, Wednesday January 20, 6:30 - 9:00 PM. Last year we enjoyed a fantastic Mediterranean style meal. Yassin prepared food with just the right spice combination, the food was delicious so if you haven't tasted this food, now is an excellent time to try it. This event is sponsored by K-town vegans so the food is vegetarian AND total plant based. Sign up here. (https://www.meetup.com/knoxvegans/events/227476586/)
3.INDIAN FOOD EVENT, Sunday, January 31, 12 to 3 pm, at the Cancer Support Community of East Tennessee, 2230 Sutherland Ave. Join Viren Lalka and his" Namaste, Welcome to India" group at this special presentation of traditional Indian foods that will banish winter blues. A potluck supper follows. To sign up, contact Meetup.com/Namaste - Welcome to India. (https://www.meetup.com/Namaste-Welcome-to-India/events/227317249/)
4. PLANTPURE NATION - the film, Saturday evening, January 23 at 6:00 PM in MORRISTOWN, TN at the Rose Center.. Come watch the latest film from the writer and director of Forks over Knives, PlantPure Nation. The one-day screening will take place Saturday night, January 23. There is NO CHARGE FOR THIS EVENT,
click here for more details (https://www.meetup.com/NEWSTART-of-Morristown/).
5. UPCOMING MONTHLY MEETINGS. In February 7, the Vegetarian Society (http://vs-et.com) will welcome back Jim Harb for a falafel making class. Jim did a great job with his hummus class about a year ago, and I look forward to tasting his falafels as well.
6. March 6 we will learn about the health benefits of juicing with a true expert, Nicole Fey. Nicole's class will cost $4 per member, or $5 per non- members, a one dollar additional charge to help pay for ingredients.
The Vegetarian Society (http://vs-et.com)