5300 Beethoven Street, 90066, Los Angeles, CA
We will cover
1. The 5 key things you need to know to get hired as a mid-level software engineer
2. How to whiteboard through the typical coding challenges that make up 50% of most technical interviews
The number of opportunities for software engineers is booming but to get a mid level position and above requires a special kind of preparation.
In this interactive workshop we cover the five key skills that you must have in order to succeed in the job search including how to effectively whiteboard through the tough coding interviews.
The session will help you:
• Identify your career and role priorities - for example, are you most interested in a career as a backend or frontend developer, within an established corporation or a new start-up?
• Understand and prepare the five key skills that you must have in order to succeed in the job search for software engineering positions
• Understand how to approach the job search so you find the job that is best suited to your skills and aspirations.
• Whiteboarding - working through coding problems on a whiteboard is a crucial part of most interviews. You'll see how to effectively whiteboard and work through problems live in pairs
See you at what promises to be an unmissable evening for anyone pursuing employment as a software engineer
Photos courtesy of #WOCinTech
Our events are women-inclusive, not women-exclusive. Anyone is welcome to attend our events and classes. All attendees are expected to abide by the Girl Develop It Code of Conduct.
Co-founder and co-chapter leader of GDI Los Angeles.
Former PM. Current full stack web dev.
Hey everyone! Looking forward to this study group!
I've been around programmers my entire life, but fell into it by accident and I love it!