Join us for our monthly mentorship night, a networking mixer with 10 to 20 tech industry professionals who volunteer to answer questions and offer career advice! NON-TECHIES AND TOTAL BEGINNERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME! You don't have to work in tech to attend our events.
BuzzFeed will be hosting our July mentorship night at their awesome office in Hollywood!
What to bring:
- (Optional) Your laptop, if you want to get some hands-on coding help!
- You’ll get the most out of this event if you come prepared with questions to ask!
(Anything from career advice, code-specific questions, comparing tools/technologies/languages, advice on learning to code, etc.)
- 7:00pm: Meet and greet time; optionally, play our custom Devs Against Humanity card game as an ice breaker!
- 7:30pm: Mentors will introduce themselves; community announcements
- 7:40pm: Break up into small groups to chat with mentors -- and if you brought your laptop, some mentors can help you with your coding questions too!
- 9:00pm: Wrap up
Sign up to be a mentor:
Already working in tech? Want to be a mentor to share your experiences and answer questions from a diverse group of beginners?
Sign up to be a mentor here:
Parking and directions:
See our Google doc with photo, directions, parking, and public transportation suggestions:
Our sponsor and host:
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience.
*** Please check out BuzzFeed's jobs board: https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs
At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world. BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment.
As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
*** All attendees are expected to abide by the Girl Develop It Code of Conduct: http://www.girldevelopit.com/codeofconduct
*** Want to get more involved? We always need more help! You can help with or host a study group, provide mentorship, or volunteer for other fun stuff. Let us know via Meetup message or in person!