Join us for our monthly mentorship night, a networking mixer where tech industry professionals volunteer to answer your questions and share their wisdom! NON-TECHIES AND TOTAL BEGINNERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME! :) We're here to build a stronger, more welcoming and beginner-friendly tech community.
This month, 8th Light will be hosting us at their downtown office!
We run this event every month at a different location, collaborating with Women Who Code LA and Learn Teach Code.
What to bring:
- (Optional) Your laptop, if you want to get some hands-on coding help!
- You’ll get the most out of this event if you come prepared with questions to ask! (Anything from career advice, code-specific questions, comparing tools/technologies/languages, advice on learning to code, etc.)
- 7:00pm: Refreshments and networking (yay, let's be social!)
- 7:30pm: Mentors will introduce themselves; community announcements.
- 7:45pm: Chat with mentors in small groups and 1-on-1
- 9:00pm: Wrap up
Sign up to be a mentor:
Already working in tech? Want to be a mentor to share your experiences and answer questions from a diverse group of beginners?
Sign up to be a mentor here:
Parking and directions:
See directions and parking / transportation suggestions here:
Our sponsor and host:
As a custom software development company, 8th Light builds software—from mobile to microservices—that is beautiful, durable, and shows pride in workmanship. Learn more about their work and open positions: https://8thlight.com
*** All attendees are expected to abide by the Girl Develop It Code of Conduct: http://www.girldevelopit.com/codeofconduct