addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Girl Develop It Philadelphia Message Board › Upcoming classes + could use your help!

Upcoming classes + could use your help!

Yasmine M.
Hi everyone,

A quick update on upcoming classes - we have three new ones lined up: Intermediate HTML/CSS, Intro to JavaScript/JQuery and an Intermediate WordPress class. The teachers and circiuluum are ready to go and we could use YOUR help in launching them.

In short, we need space! The ideal spot would fit 30 students, have chairs/desks, plenty of outlets, a projector and a good WIFI connection. We've held them in Center City and University City and are open to venturing outside within reason. So far, space has been donated. We're open to paying a small fee depending on cost (Note: We'd have to raise prices if it's too high!)

A couple of options - The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia has offered us free space if one of our members is an employee. Also, AWeber in Fort Washington may be able to provide us space if enough members are willing to venture out to the suburbs. Please leave a comment or reach out to me with any space suggestions.

Tl;dr -

- If you know of a facility that can host us in Philadelphia, please leave a comment or contact me at myasmine at gmail.com

- If you're an employee at CHOPS, let me know if we can use your name to take them up on their offer to host us.

- If you'd take a class in the suburbs, please fill out our latest question on Facebook or leave a comment below.

Thanks everyone and have a fantastic weekend.
Cindy K.
user 12575584
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 4
Hi Yasmine,

Have you checked with Devnuts? They're located at 908 N. 3rd Street. A Python class was held there earlier. They had lots of tables and outlets. The projector was a little awkward but workable.
Yasmine M.
myasmine
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 4
Everyone who responded, THANK YOU! I have many more leads that I've been following up with. Expect an update to the classes posted by next week or the week after.

Thanks again!