addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Girl Develop It Philadelphia Message Board › Thank you for attending OOJS!

Thank you for attending OOJS!

Tracy
user 93414562
Collingswood, NJ
Hey everyone,
Thanks for coming to the Object Oriented JavaScript class last night!  The slides, exercises, and some other resources can be found here: http://gdichicago.com...­
Here's a link for the supplementary slides I used last night, as well. I'll leave this up for a few weeks: https://dl.dropboxuse...­
I would definitely recommend your trying the fourth exercise on your own, and reach out if you have questions.  I think that for a lot of you who work on small websites and personal projects, the exercise will help you see how you can use OOJS in your everyday life to make your code a little neater.
Would you be interested in a class on Model-View-Controller frameworks?  It's the next in the GDI JavaScript class series, and I'd be happy to teach it in Philly if there's interest.  Let me know what you think.
Finally, thank you so much for bearing with me on my first teaching experience with GDI Philly. :)  I had a great time, and you guys have given me some wonderful feedback.  For my next time teaching the class, I think I would like to re-structure slightly, especially the beginning content.  For example, I think it would be helpful to talk about buying a particular pair of pants as a general idea before presenting the formal definition of "prototype" and "instance".  Thanks for all the feedback, and I'll definitely keep it in mind when I prep for the next offering of this class.
- Tracy