Location visible to members
If you have ever wanted to code an application with Angular this is your chance. Join us for a fun-filled day of learning Angular in this hands-on workshop. You will go from 0 to 60 with your Angular knowledge and be able to create our own Angular applications by the end of this workshop. We will start with a new project and continue to build up the project until we have a full application at the end.
We will cover subjects, including:
• What is Angular and the different parts that make up Angular?
• Angular CLI Overview
• Angular project layout overview
• Creating common components like headers, footers, and menus
• Applying CSS to just a single component vs the whole site
• Creating new components (pages)
• Routing between components (pages)
• Calling an external http service
• Preparing your application for deployment
• Adding authorization checks to routes (if time permits)
• Testing overview (if time permits and our brains aren't already full with Angular knowledge)
• Bring your laptop and charger (Wifi & power strips will be provided)
• Node LTS 6.x ( https://nodejs.org )
• Visual Studio Code ( https://code.visualstudio.com )
• Angular CLI (npm install -g @angular/cli)
• Create a new Angular project using the Angular CLI
• Open Command Prompt or Terminal
• Navigate to c:\ on Windows and ~/ on Osx
• Run: mkdir projects
• T Run: cd projects
• Run: ng new ng2ws --style scss --routing
• Run: ng serve
• If there we no errors with ng serve, then open browser and navigate to http://localhost:4200. You should see the default web page for your Angular application. If you run into an error with ng serve, please let us know.
Our generous sponsor, Meltmedia (http://meltmedia.com/), will be providing breakfast and lunch. If you wish to bring your own food, there is a refrigerator and microwave on site for use.
We're here to help! If you have additional questions or would like to talk further before signing up for a class, please contact Monique (http://www.meetup.com/Girl-Develop-It-Phoenix/members/11897175/).
SPONSOR: Meltmedia (http://meltmedia.com/)
Meltmedia is an uncommon mix of technology experts, digital strategists and design leaders. They build impactful websites and enterprise-class web and mobile applications for mid-tier to Fortune 500 Business Superheroes.