What we're about
Hey Girlfriends of Orange County!!! Glad you found us, now let's have some fun! This is a group for all the fabulous ladies in the area who are looking for a fun group of girlfriends to explore this beautiful part of sunny California with! Think wine tasting, spa days, Sunday brunches, a night at the movies, a day at the beach, or anything your mind can think of! Let's make a day of it, leave the kids and men behind, and build new friendships! Discuss in the discussion boards any ideas or events you are interested in and we'll start planning. Want an event posted? Message an organizer with all your Orange County event details (date, time, place and description) and we will get them posted! The Holiday Season is here, so let the planning begin!
A few housekeeping things:
• Our events require you to have either an active Venmo account on your smartphone or to bring cash. It makes splitting the bill a lot easier and is less of a hassle for everyone.
• If you are inactive (do not attend any events) for 6 months, you will be removed. This is to keep the group full of people who are actively invested in meeting up and creating some sense of community. This isn't to be mean, you are free to rejoin at anytime, but to encourage participation.
• In that same spirit, please be reliable. It's pretty brutal to take the time as an organizer to plan a Meetup, call a place, make a reservation, sometimes go and check the place out beforehand just to have a ton of people cancel the last minute, or not show up at all. It makes us look bad to the places we patron and puts a damper on the whole night. We do take an attendance at all our Meetups. Please be responsible enough that if you need to change your RSVP, to do so before the start of the event. Members who are determined to be "no shows" more than once will be removed from the group.
• Why is there a fee to join? Meetup charges organizers $89.94 every 6 months to operate a group. For every $2 paid, they keep $0.65. So the organizers would only see $1.35 per person. Relying on the generosity and donations out of the kindness of people's hearts backfires and leaves us scrambling or paying this amount on the behalf of everyone else, which isn't fair. The $2 goes to cover this amount. Any excess will be used to cover the next round of dues.
• For the safety of the event organizers, members are required to have a current face photo.
Whew. Ok, back to the fun stuff. Have fun, see what's going on in the discussion boards and scheduled events (or plan your own), and let's enjoy getting to know new friends!