What we're about
Can you spend hours in a book store? Is being in a book store almost as enticing as a shoe store? Could you spend all of your hard-earned money on books? Do you own more books than shoes?
If your answer is yes to any of those questions, then join us! We meet at least once a month to discuss previously chosen books. We lean towards literary fiction and to keep it interesting, we sometimes throw in a classic or a non-fiction selection. Members are encouraged to create additional meetings for books that they love, author readings, film adaptations of books, or other literary related events.
Our book club meetings are typically on the third, fourth, or fifth Thursday of the month at 7PM. The host provides a main dish, everything else are potluck dishes provided by members. Dinner starts once everyone has arrived and fellowship is encouraged. We sit down for a group discussion around 7:30PM. Meetings are held in western Fairfax County (Reston, Herndon, Great Falls, Tysons, Centreville, & Fairfax) & eastern Loudoun County (Sterling, Ashburn, & Leesburg).
Check us out! We look forward to meeting you.
1. After your 90-day trial period expires, pay annual membership dues of $12.00. Dues are payable annually in the month in which you joined our book club.
2. We would love to recognize you when you attend your first event. Please post a current picture of yourself as your profile picture for our group. Membership in the group is contingent upon having a current profile picture of yourself.
3. All new members must attend a book discussion within their 90-day trial period of joining the group. If you can't attend an event within this time frame please contact one of the organizers so that you aren't automatically removed from the group.
4. If a member has not attended a book discussion in 6 months their membership will be terminated. Those members who wish to continue their membership may rejoin but must attend a meeting within 3 months of rejoining the club.
5. Members who RSVP to events and have 2 no shows will be removed from the group.
6. Members who RSVP to events & consistently change their RSVP a few days prior to the event will be removed from the group upon the third infraction.
7. Members who RSVP and no show to an event that has a wait list will be removed from the club.
8. We have a No Solicitation/Self-Promotion policy. We do not schedule parties with the intent to sell goods or services, take part in multi-level marketing activities, or post messages promoting or advertising businesses.
9. Once paid, membership dues will not be refunded for any reason.
Thank you for your understanding. These rules exist because most events take place in members’ homes and are for security and to be respectful of the time, money, and energy it takes to host.
While everyone has their own experiences and beliefs, we will not allow anyone to bully, marginalize, dismiss, or harass anyone else. It takes our volunteers a lot of time to keep the book club running smoothly. Please be constructive in your feedback and offer solutions.
TL; DR Read the book, show up, bring something, be nice!