What we're about
If you are sociable and own a dog, this may be the group for you. We walk our lovely dogs in various locations ranging from city centre park walks to off lead rural walks at different times and days of the week. After the walks, pending on availability, there is a chance for more chat and socialisation in a dog friendly pub/café for some coffee, tea and/or food. We are always open to walk suggestions as well.
If you would like to join the group but do not have a dog, please contact the organizers for further discussion.
The number of attendees per walk depends on the type of walk and the number that the host is comfortable leading on that walk
As for any group there are rules in place for everyone’s safety and to ensure that everyone has a good walk. You will already be aware of most if not all of these :
• In order to keep an eye on how many dogs will be attending please RSVP once for yourself and one dog and add plus one for each additional dog if you wish to bring more than one dog. There is no need to add a +1 if there is another person joining you. its only your dogs you are RSVP-ing for.
• Dog etiquette: When on walks, please beware of your dog’s behaviour – do not feed your dogs near other dogs, do not give treats to other dogs unless the owner has given his/her approval, ensure they are well behaved in cafes/pubs and of course clean up after you dog’s mess.
• Children are welcome as long as they are under the responsibility of an adult, are not afraid of dogs and behave appropriately around dogs.
• “No shows” will not be tolerated. The group works with a 3 strike policy, if you are a “no show” 3 times without letting the organizer know, in advance, you will be removed from the group.
• When joining the group we request that you have a clear, recognizable profile picture of yourself, so that we know who you are and who to look out for. When it comes to the description of your dog, please let us know what kind of dog you have, age, male/female, neutered and a few lines about his or her character. Your request will not be approved until these criteria are met.
• It is unlikely that our walks will be suitable for dogs under the age of 6 months, due to the restriction of walking time for young dogs
• The walks put up in this group are not guided walks and your safety is your own responsibility. All of your actions should be done with a degree of caution and care and please dress appropriately.
• Please note that we have no formal training in managing dog behavioural issues or training dogs. In the interests of the group, we regret that we cannot accept dogs (or owners!) with anti-social behavioural issues. It must be emphasised that you attend events at your own risk. We will not be held responsible for any accident, loss, theft or injury to human, dog or valuables during the course of any of our events.
EFFECTIVE AS OF 1 MARCH 2018
We would like to make you aware that MeetUp charges the organizers for running the group, hence we have had to implement a group fee of £5 every 6 months or part thereof. For existing members, this will be payable on the 1st Oct and the 1st March every year. New members joining will be subject to the same fee schedule however, the first payment of £5 is to be made within three weeks of membership acceptance regardless of date of joining. Only paid up members will be allowed to participate in events. This allows us to cover the costs of running the group. The group is a non-profit group, anything left over will be donated to a local animal charity. If you do not want to pay the group member fees for a certain 6 months, it may be that you will not be attending any walks during those 6 months and are always welcome to re-join the group again at a later date.
Payments are made via Paypal, the link will be sent to you upon acceptance into the group