On the occasion of the 8th Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD), we would like to invite you all to an enlightening session on how careful consideration of simple digital accessibility features right from the planning phase of an application can have a significant impact on its usability, performance, and adoption.
A round-up of the important talking points of this session include -
1. Introduction to digital and web content accessibility.
2. What role do various stakeholders play in ensuring an application is fully accessible?
3. The different kinds of disabilities observed among people & whether accessibility features are only targetted to those groups.
4. Accessibility - empathy vs. business perspectives.
5. What are the four guiding principles behind the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines & Checklists?
6. Why is accessibility seen as a fundamental human right?
7. How do we measure accessibility levels?
8. The impact of accessibility features on web performance and ranking.
9. Testing website accessibility.
10. What's Next when it comes to providing rich interactive and accessible interfaces?
What's more, is that we've lined up accessibility related challenges to allow you to put yourself into the shoes of millions of differently abled people across the globe who tackle inaccessible interfaces to carry out day-to-day chores.
Whether you are a seasoned UX designer, UI & Mobile application developer, Product Manager/Owner, or a budding web developer, we're sure to get you talking, thinking and learning more about digital access/inclusion and consider people with different disabilities.
P.S - Please carry along your fully charged laptops for this session. There are rewards up for grabs if you're up to the challenge.