After a long hiatus we are reviving the Birmingham Gophers meetup. We have two fantastic talks lined up alongside food and drinks at a great venue in central Birmingham.
- "Go-ing into production with Golang" by Alistair Hey
- "Hitchhiker's Guide to Concurrency" by Oliver Hathaway
Keep an eye on this page for regular updates about our speakers, food and drinks in the lead up to the event.
Aside from the talks this is an opportunity to discuss go, and general programming with like minded people in a friendly and welcoming environment. All experience levels are welcome.
We will be taking photos and videos at the event, please send us a message if you'd rather not be included.
We expect everybody to follow the Go Community Code of Conduct https://golang.org/conduct
COVID-19 safety measures
- Please take a COVID-19 lateral flow test before attending
- Do not attend if you feel at all unwell or test positive for COVID-19
- Keep your social distance if someone asks you to
We will use a traffic light system of stickers or wristbands to help communicate social distancing preferences.
🔴 - Keep your distance please.
🟠 - Normal talking distance, elbows only.
🟢 - Hi-fives and handshakes are okay.
Safety measures instituted by event host. Meetup is not responsible for ensuring that precautions are followed.