addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Greater Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Where's he been?

Where's he been?

Barry H.
user 12792073
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 12
Had to miss the last couple meetups and will probably miss a few more. My mother is coming to town to help me a bit while I recover from my heart attack.

Yes Midge. I said HEART ATTACK!

I'm doing good.

I've been at the VAMC for the last seven days. I had my episode on the 10th and called my doctor on the 14th (I know, right?....Baahhh! It's just a little achy feeling in your chest. Nothing to worry about. ) and ended up at the ER that afternoon. They did an angiogram and found a blocked artery so a couple days later they did a balloon angioplasty. I still need to go back in a couple of months to get a stent put in that will finish the job.

I'm pretty sore. Not only from the procedures but from all the IV's, blood draws and injections I've received over the last week.

Well, that's the story. I'll be back again in a couple weeks. Maybe earlier, depends.

Barry

P.S. Eat dessert first because "Hey! Ya never know!"

A former member
Post #: 1
prayers are with you, sorry to hear Barry, try to have a relaxing Easter..
A former member
Post #: 98
Wow Barry - you never do things small do you? lol

Thank you for letting us know. Our thoughts are with you. You know how to reach us if you need anything.
Midge
Midge-TW
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 10
We have indeed missed you. If it's not one thing it's another, huh? Let me know if I can do anything to help you out.
Nicole D.
user 14011095
Lausanne, CH
Post #: 1
Yikes! Take care, Barry!
Barry H.
user 12792073
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 13
You know? I just had a thought.

I could turn this to advantage actually.

This would be the perfect excuse to invite you guys over here to play.

I'm just down the street from Panara. Corner of Military and Coventry. Nice neighborhood. Small but nice house. Empty business next door for parking purposes.

I've got space here to easily accomodate a normal dining table set up. Say, one game with up to six players. The actual dining table area is a bit small but playing at Panara we're kind of used to not having alot of space and if things work out, we could just move the table into the living room if we needed to, right?

I'm sure my Mom would love to play. She's very personable and outgoing.

Hmmmmm....My Darren-like senses are tingling with that Stewie Griffin "evil genius" voice in my head.....I'm going to see if it's possible after Mom gets settled in a bit and I'll get back to you guys on this.

Meanwhile, give me some feedback. Anybody interested?
A former member
Post #: 533
Get well soon!
A former member
Post #: 99

I was thinking the same thing actually! lol

Yes, I'd be interested depending on time/date.
Nicole D.
user 14011095
Lausanne, CH
Post #: 3

I'd be interested, like Peggy, depending on the date and time! If you can't come to the games, the games will come to you!
Barry H.
user 12792073
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 14
I'm recovering nicely.

Mom nixed my plan of having a game night here. She felt I was trying to do too much too soon. She heads back home on Saturday so hopefully I'll be at the Sat meetup.