addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Greater Denver Urban Homesteaders General Discussions › Help us pass the chicken & goat ordinance!

Help us pass the chicken & goat ordinance!

Katherine C.
user 10341356
Denver, CO

A note from our Friends at Sustainable Food Denver:

Dear Urban Homesteaders,

The proposed Food Producing Animals (FPA) ordinance is nearing the end of the road. After lots of work and passing through Planning Board and the City Council Land Use committee, the ordinance will have its first reading before City Council on May 16th, with the public testimony and Council vote on June 13th. If the ordinance passes Council, it will become law just a few days later.

We've made a lot of progress, but we still need to build more public support in order to convince some of our City Councilmembers to vote in favor of the ordinance. We need your help! In a local issue like this, every single email and phone call makes a difference.

To join in our efforts to get the FPA ordinance passed, please email me at sustainablefooddenver@gmail.com , and let me know your cross-streets. That will allow me to identify which council district you live in, and I can add you to that district's "action teams." You'll occasionally receive an "action alert," asking you to call or email a specific Councilmember.

To read an outline of the proposed ordinance, click here: http://bit.ly/ebExfI­
For more information (including a video and a FAQ), click here: http://www.sustainabl...­

Thank you,
Sundari Kraft
Sustainable Food Denver
sustainablefooddenver@gmail.com