addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board New Members › Hello and Opportunity

Hello and Opportunity

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello Everyone,

I’ve been interested in environmental issues and urban farming for a long time, and now that I’m preparing to cultivate my backyard, I thought it might be time to reach out and start to learn about what some others are up to. I purchased a 1903 historic house between Federal and Sloan’s Lake with an absolutely huge backyard, and have been renovating for the past 3 years. My eventual plan for the backyard (garden, orchard, bees, and maybe chickens) won’t be happening this year, so I am making the space available for cultivation. The size is approximately 2,500 sf, it enjoys full sun, and I’m told it was an orchard back in the day (the original owners operated a tree nursery next door). Am open to considering letting someone use the entire space, or just taking a piece. Give me a call if interested (303.320.6560).
A former member
Post #: 283
You would be surprised at what you can get going in a year so don't be too quick to give away your garden. I bought my house and every year put in more fruit trees and cultivated more each year. I now have 20some fruit trees, about 8 grape vines on all the fences. You can fill up a lot of space with pumpkins and squash that grows real fast.