addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Propose Meetups - Volunteer to Host › Wanted: Someone with a large backyard willing to host a BBQ in June

Wanted: Someone with a large backyard willing to host a BBQ in June

Everett S.
user 3883092
Denver, CO
Most of the group meetings have a limit on the amount of people who can attend, and many of us have yet to actually meet each other, although we've been to a couple of meetings each.

So I though it would be nice if we all got together for a big-time BBQ either in a park or, preferably, in a member's backyard. Ours is too small to host so I'm hoping someone else would be willing to volunteer. We have about 220 members now, so even if only 1/4 of us show up that's still going to be over 50 people, plus a few kids.

I'm sure we can round up enough tables and chairs, and everyone can bring some home-made goodies to eat. But we'd need a good sized yard, or a park that we can reserve.

Email me with volunteers or ideas.

Regards,

Everett
A former member
Post #: 13
Hi Everett.

I am happy to host in my yard. I have a large yard and could easily accomodate a large group. However, I live in Niwot (between Boulder and Longmont) -- not sure if folks would be up for driving this way.

But, perhaps we combine the party with a few other events...
* honey farm around the corner
* farmers market nearby - people could shop and then bring the food here to prepare
* cheese importers in longmont
* other idea?

Cheers,
Jennifer

Terri V.
user 8943627
Denver, CO
Post #: 11
Pierre and I also volunteer our yard; we are in Lakewood. If people live far apart perhaps we could do this in several locations?

Terri