addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Greater Denver Urban Homesteading Group Message Board Food Producing Animals › Possible bee swarm for the capturing

Possible bee swarm for the capturing

A former member
Post #: 19
I'm not up to speed on bees yet but the colony living in my neighbors tree made quite a fussy buzzy cloud outside their hive for about ten minutes today. The certainly weren't in a tight ball but made the detail of my neighbor's van and an SUV hard to make out (to give you an idea of the range of their fury). If this is any indication of their considering, leaving I could talk to my neighbor about someone fetching them for their own hives. I think he's fond of them but certainly doesn't do anything with them. They live in a fairly low (10 ft. up or so?) hollow spot of a very large tree. I suspect its a pretty big hollow spot (my neighbor was warned that the whole tree was hollow and needed to be cut down but he didn't on account of the bees) meaning that this could be quite the metropolis of bees.

Anyone interested? They're located in downtown Englewood. I'm not prepared to collect them for myself but I'd love to watch or help (if I don't have charge of the little one that day).

Tim
Seth C
user 9716219
Littleton, CO
Post #: 3
I would love to take a look..
likely if they swarmed the are gone... 1/2 leaving 1/2 staying
A former member
Post #: 20
Knowing almost nothing about bees but what I've gleaned from the discussion board here, I was kind of expecting a relatively tight little ball of bees that would eventually go somewhere. These guys(gals) formed more of a cloud about the size of a smallish SUV and seemed to disappear back into the hive rather than leave. I interpreted it as signs of unrest rather than an outright exodus. Haven't been able to keep tabs on them since as I've been trying to find our house under the mountains of moving boxes. But the tree still hums when you walk past so somebody's still home. (c: Since its not my tree I still have to catch my neighbors at home and see if they'd be open to a curbside invasion of bee hunters.

Tim