What we're about
This group is for anyone interested in eating Paleo, Keto, or any related form of Low Carb diet!
The purpose of this group is to explore restaurants in the greater NYC Metropolitan area that offer Keto/Paleo/LC options! I aim to schedule at least one "Meatup" a month, but I hope that everyone can participate in planning additional events! In meeting, we can share knowledge and progress, as well as to provide support for this WOE.
• The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living (https://smile.amazon.com/Art-Science-Low-Carbohydrate-Living/dp/0983490708/ref=smi_www_rco2_go_smi_g2563698942?_encoding=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&ie=UTF8)
• The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance (https://smile.amazon.com/Art-Science-Low-Carbohydrate-Performance/dp/0983490716/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=E75JQFPH053B7TJ5RE65)
• The Complete Guide to Fasting (https://smile.amazon.com/Complete-Guide-Fasting-Intermittent-Alternate-Day/dp/1628600012/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1478624957&sr=1-1&keywords=fasting+book)
• Cholesterol Clarity (https://www.amazon.com/Cholesterol-Clarity-What-Wrong-Numbers/dp/1936608383)
Here is a series of videos from www.lowcarbdownunder.com.au (https://lowcarbdownunder.com.au/videos/). I would recommend watching these first:
• Dr. Stephen Phinney - 'The Case For Nutritional Ketosis'
• Dr. Stephen Phinney - 'Achieving and Maintaining Nutritional Ketosis
• Dr. Stephen Phinney - 'Optimising Weight and Health with an LCHF Diet' - Part 1
• Dr. Stephen Phinney - 'Optimising Weight and Health with an LCHF Diet' - Part 2
• Dr. Stephen Phinney - 'Optimising Weight and Health with an LCHF Diet' - Part 3
• Prof. Jeff Volek - 'Nutrition for Optimising Athletic Performance'
• Jimmy Moore - 'Nutritional Ketosis' - Brisbane LCDU Tour 2012
• And a very eye-opening series of lectures: The Aetiology of Obesity Lecture Series (https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/category/lectures/the-aetiology-of-obesity-lecture-series/)
• Intensive Dietary Management (https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/) (a great website of Dr. Jason Fung's accumulated research)
• Ketogenic Forums (https://www.ketogenicforums.com/) (a free and searchable forum for all things keto)
• Keto Connect (https://www.ketoconnect.net/)
• Healthful Pursuit (https://www.healthfulpursuit.com/)
• Cholesterol Code (http://cholesterolcode.com/) (<3 Dave Feldman)
• 2 Keto Dudes (http://2ketodudes.com/) (<3 Richard & Carl)
• Ketovangelist (https://www.ketovangelist.com/)
• Livin' La Vida Low Carb (http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/tag/ketogenic) (<3 Jimmy Moore)
• High Intensity Health (http://highintensityhealth.com/)
• NourishBalanceThrive (http://www.nourishbalancethrive.com/podcasts/nourish-balance-thrive/)
• Butcher Box (https://www.butcherbox.com/)
• Good Dee's (https://gooddees.com/)
AND B/C IT'S TAKEN A WHILE TO PERFECT THIS, HERE IS THE BEST KETO PIZZA RECIPE EVER: Corindahead Pizza (https://imgur.com/a/rUWzi)
There are dozens of other resources, but these are some top ones! Please feel free to send me yours so I can add to the list :).
I have to pay $120/year to Meetup to run this group... So if 30 people pay $4/year to me (I prefer cash, since they can't take out a processing fee then!), then it's basically covered ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I also have to pay public transportation costs to come in from NJ, but I love coming into the city and I love doing the work to schedule events for this group! And really, $4 is, like, nothing compared to the awesome value you get from coming to even one of our events :). But if money is tight and you need me to waive the fee for your first year, please let me know! I definitely want to grow this group as well. Thanks, guys :).