Join the Portage Park volunteers, Ancient Forest Alliance, and View Royal Parks staff for a fun-filled day of planting native trees and shrubs, and working to restore the beautiful Portage Park in View Royal!
This event is on rain or shine!
We will meet in the lower parking lot behind View Royal Town Hall (45 View Royal Rd). Parking is available in the lower and upper lot around Town Hall.
Click here for the Map link (https://www.google.ca/maps/place/BC+Municipal+Govt+Sect+-+Victoria+-+Town+of+View+Royalfirstname.lastname@example.org,-123.4344784,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xc9568b256757cb55?hl=en)
- Meet at 9:45am for sign-in and introductions (please be on time!)
- Walk to site (follow the arrows if you are late)
- Plant native trees and shrubs.
What to bring
- Refillable water bottle
- Dress for the weather. Rain jacket/pants if it rains, sunscreen and a hat in case it is sunny
- Long-sleeved shirt and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
- Clothing you don't mind getting dirty
- Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes/boots.
We will provide
- Gardening gloves if you don't have them
- Instructions on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
- A fun experience in a beautiful park!
Getting yourself there
Transit. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to http://www.bctransit.com/regions/vic/?p=2.list . Or use the Google Maps (https://www.google.ca/maps/preview) option, type in the original destination, click on Directions, and type in where you are going to. Make sure the bus icon is chosen.
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from.
Cycling. You can also use Google Maps (https://www.google.ca/maps/preview) to find a good cycling route.
Town of View Royal (http://www.viewroyal.ca)
In collaboration with the Ancient Forest Alliance (http://www.ancientforestalliance.org) and Portage Park Ecological Restoration Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/portageparkvolunteers/?ref=br_tf)