Weather will be a bit rainy in Sooke (more rain expected in Victoria). Please dress with rain jacket and rain pants, and boots if possible! I will have extra rain gear in case you need it!!
Hot chocolate will be served today. Bring a mug (we will have paper cups).
Please complete following two steps to register for Saturday!
Form 1: Volunteer Registration (only fill this in once, or to update information, you can fill in again (https://greenteams.formstack.com/forms/greater_victoria_green_team_volunteer_registration_form))
Form 2: Activity signup (https://greenteams.formstack.com/forms/greater_victoria_green_team_activity_signup_october_21_2017) - this gets filled in before each activity (to save paper and having to fill it in when you arrive which takes lots of extra time)
We will be removing invasive plants from the forested Ed McGregor Park
Working rain or shine!
Meeting Spot and Parking
Park in the parking lot at 6751 West Coast Road (https://www.google.ca/maps/place/6751+W+Coast+Rd,+Sooke,+BC+V9Z+0P6email@example.com,-123.7275316,545m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x548f0511d0f6e631:0x965f45a6e7f07d53!8m2!3d48.3745122!4d-123.7252725). We will meet just down the street at 6765 West Coast Road. (https://www.google.ca/maps/place/6765+W+Coast+Rd,+Sooke,+BC+V9Z+0P6firstname.lastname@example.org,-123.7278697,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x548f0511d0f6e631:0xae148bae01712041!8m2!3d48.3734903!4d-123.7256757)
How to get to the location
Transit/Cycling. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to BC Transit (http://www.bctransit.com/regions/vic/?p=2.list) or use Google Maps (https://www.google.ca/maps/preview).
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from. Also, please offer the driver a bit of gas money to help cover this cost.
Flow of Volunteer Activities
• Meet at 9:45 am for sign-in and introductions (please be on time)
• Lots of activities (see above)
• Take a break after about 2 hours with treats and refreshments
• Volunteer until 1:45pm then sign-out at end
What to bring
• If you're under 19, you must bring a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate. DOWNLOAD FORM HERE (http://files.meetup.com/16465902/GTC%20WAIVER%20FORM%20for%20parents%20-%20FINAL.pdf)
• Refillable water bottle
• Dress for the weather. Rain jacket/pants if it rains, a sun hat/sunscreen if it is sunny
• Long-sleeved shirt and long pants to protect you from thorny plants
• Clothing you don't mind getting dirty
• Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes/boots.
We will provide
• Gardening gloves if you don't have them
• Instructions on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• A fun experience, meeting new people in a beautiful park!
What will happen afterwards
• A volunteer letter will be emailed to you if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
• Photos taken will be loaded up in a photo album (http://www.meetup.com/Greater-Victoria-Green-Team/photos/)
• A summary of the activity along with before and after photos will be posted in our PAGES (http://www.meetup.com/Greater-Victoria-Green-Team/about/) section to show what an impact you've made
Juan de Fuca Community Trails Society (http://www.jdftrails.ca)