We will be planting native wildflowers and plants with the Habitat Acquisition Trust on Mt. Matheson! There will be lunch provided, and snacks throughout the day!
REGISTER AS A GREEN TEAM VOLUNTEER HERE: http://bit.ly/2GEDEO9
Help spread the word about our GVGT September activities and you can win! If the person you tell ends up participating, you will be entered to win a prize basket! So bring along someone to this event and tell everyone you know!
Working rain or shine!
Meeting Spot and Parking
Here it is: https://goo.gl/SrdgmW
Over the month of September we have a little incentive to get more people out in nature! Tell your friends, families, co-workers, neighbours - anyone you know - to volunteer with us, and when they do, you will be entered into a draw to win a fantastic basket of items from environmentally friendly companies! You can decide to share it with your friend/family/coworker/neighbour or keep it all to yourself! Please remember to tell them to tell me that you told them about the activity!
How to get to the location
Transit/Cycling. To find out the best route from where you are, please go to BC Transit (http://www.bctransit.com/regions/vic/?p=2.list) or use Google Maps (https://www.google.ca/maps/preview).
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from. Also, please offer the driver a bit of gas money to help cover this cost.
Flow of Volunteer Activities
• Meet at 10 am for sign-in and introductions (please be on time)
• Plant native Camas bulbs and other plants!
• Enjoy refreshments and lunch around 12:15/12:30pm
• Volunteer until 3pm and sign out at the end, plus remember to grab your eco-gift before you head home!
REGISTER AS A GREEN TEAM VOLUNTEER AHEAD OF TIME ONLINE
• If you haven't yet, register online: http://bit.ly/2GEDEO9
Don't forget to get your parent to sign the parent consent form
WHAT TO BRING:
• Rain jacket in case it rains. Don't let the rain scare you off!
• Refillable water bottle (we have extra cups in case you forget yours!)
• If it's sunny bring a hat and sunscreen
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too especially if it's wet!!
WHAT WILL BE PROVIDED TO YOU:
• Gardening gloves if you don't have your own
• Refreshments at the break
• Instruction on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• An opportunity to meet new people and have a fun experience in a beautiful area!
WHAT HAPPENS AFTERWARDS?
• If you need to confirm your hours for school or another program a volunteer letter emailed to you
• Photos taken will be loaded up in a photo album: http://bit.ly/2oWAT3G
• A summary of how this activity went along with before and after photos: http://bit.ly/2Db7d7W
• A volunteer letter will be emailed to you if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
COLLABORATORS / PARTNERS
The Habitat Acquisition Trust has partnered with us for this event!