What we're about
The Triad Furs is a group of eclectic but like-minded people who hold an interest in anthropomorphic characters or cartoons. From Anime, or Disney, Starfox to Sonic the Hedgehog, being part of the Tar heels or Wolf pack. Are you an artist who likes to draw animals or humans with animal characteristics? Are you a fur suiter or cosplayer? Aspire to be in cosplay or a fur suiter? Do you work in costumes or making fur suits? Then come join us, you are all a part of us too!
Primarily to have fun! Also to introduce those interested in this wonderful fandom to others and build some roots around the Carolinas. Our group meets will center around the Triad area of North Carolina, but we welcome all to join us. We hope that you join our group and make friends along with enjoying like-minded company in our fan base.
For those interested, there tends to be a lot of cross over interest with furries involving nature hikes, bicycling, fishing, camping, mechanical work (such as car repair & tractor repair) videogames, board gaming, table top gaming, Doc Who, MLP, Pokémon, Monster hunter, just about all Anime and well, almost anything “geeky” really. We are sure you will find some kindred spirits.
We politely ask that you answer all profile questions honestly and truthfully. This helps other members get to know you.
Before joining make sure you read our charter listed below. Joining the Triad Furs is acknowledgment that you read and agree to all of policies and ethical standard's. If you take pause with any of those general guideline policies or ethics, then please do not join our group.
Thank you for reading & hope to be seeing you (maybe again) really soon!
Most, if not all, of these Policies for the Triad Furs are basic common sense rules along with the basic premise of “do unto others”. For the most part, that is all they are. Please read them, you should agree that there is nothing unreasonable listed below and it is similar to many other great organizations that operate under a code of ethics.
We are a team, a full unit, all for one & one for all! So when someone does something out of line or with questionable ethics, we all take the fall in the eyes of a community.
To join our group we have a list of simple ethical standards and base rules to follow. We do not conduct background checks or research into your identity further. As mentioned in the profile page, if you are opposed to any of the below ethics based clauses then do not join our group.
Anyhow, without further ado, our Triad Furs Values along with their Ethic guidelines are as follows & with further details below;
Our Core Values;
All Inclusive & Safe for All
Turn Differences into Strengths
General Policies & Ethics for the Triad Furs of North Carolina
All Inclusive & Safe for All
• With the exception of the age parameters listed below, we welcome and support all people of all backgrounds and identities. This includes, but is not limited to members of any sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, social and economic class, educational level, complexion color, immigration status, sex, age, size, family status, political belief, religion and mental or physical ability.
• The Triad Furs has no age requirements to join. However, please know that meetup.com's rule is that a profile should be of 18 years of age. Also, most of our meetings are geared towards adult activities. If you are interested and under the age of 18 years, we highly recommend that your parent or guardian create a meetup.com account and/or contact us first before you attend. Depending on the age of the person requesting to join, the parent or guardian may have to attend the meetings with the child member. The parent or guardian are also welcome to join the group on your behalf with their profile.
• An obvious juvenile who is attending one of our meets without parental or guardian supervision will need to have a guardian respond and be present or they will need to leave the meet. This is for the youth’s safety. If need be, Law enforcement may be summoned to assist with the transition.
• Some of our meets may be at places that require attendees to be 21 years old or older. When meets happen at such establishments the meet up details will document this clearly. Only the Triad Furs who are 21 years old or older may attend those meets. Please note, this is not an exclusion, it is State law.
Be Considerate & Be Respectful
• We all depend on each other to display a positive light to the communities that we live in. Your decisions will affect your friends and colleagues should it become known that you are a member of our group. Please take those consequences into account when making decisions.
• Even though this is a recreational group, always conduct your manner civilly. Do not insult, bully or put others down. Harassment of any variety is not acceptable. Exclusionary behavior is not acceptable. This includes but is not limited to: Threats of violence, discriminatory jokes or language, sharing sexually explicit or violent material via any means. Personal insults, insults targeting the above mentioned inclusive groups. Sexual harassment or unwelcome sexual attention. Excessively lude behavior or overt sexual actions even if welcomed. Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behavior.
• If a group organizer, group member or a representative of the venue we are at (City Park, business, etc.) requests us to stop doing something, then stop doing the said action(s). If you are being asked to do something you feel may be unreasonable or questionable, then acknowledge the information and remove yourself from said person. Please inform an organizer immediately.
• Let’s be honest, we will not all agree, all of the time. A disagreement is no excuse for disrespectful behavior. We all experience frustration from time to time, but we must not allow such frustration to break down our mental & emotional control. An environment where people feel uncomfortable or threatened is not a fun one. Differences of opinion and disagreements are unavoidable sometimes. What is important is that we resolve disagreements and differing views constructively.
• Respect other members' privacy and personal boundaries. This bares special notice towards unwanted touching, hugging, etc. We all know as we become close to one another furries are among the friendliest bunch of people. We enjoy hugging and showing our affections. However, not all people prefer to engage in such emotional displays. So it is group policy that if you see an old friend you wish to embrace, high five, fist bump, etc. Make a pose for the appropriate gesture & wait to see if they wish to reciprocate your embrace, high five, fist bump, etc. Just respect other members' privacy and personal boundaries.
• You are not allowed to political campaign or slander a campaign (Anti-campaigning) during a sanctioned Triad Fur meet on any level. This includes but is not limited to handing out brochures, buttons, pens or another type of campaign item. Political or National attire is acceptable as long as it is not in opposition to any of our guidelines. If you have any questions, please consult an organizer.
• You are not allowed to recruit for a specified Ethos, Theology or Religion while at a Triad Furs meet. This includes but not limited to; handing out pamphlets, stickers or Religious texts during one of our Triad Fur meets. Religion or Theological related attire is acceptable, so long as it does not violate any of our other guidelines. If you have any questions, please consult an organizer.
Be Law Abiding
• We are all bound by the laws of the United States of America. Whether we agree with said law or not, is inconsequential, it has passed as law. We are not writing out every guideline for us here in tandem with our laws. The law is the law. Be a law abiding citizen who represents the Triad Furs proudly.
• We do promote building lasting friendships along with building bonds outside of the official meets. We realize inevitably this will probably include “after parties” at someone’s domicile or abode. If you host an after party or even a gathering of friends outside of the Triad Furs arrangements, please note these gatherings or parties will be solely upon the host(s) & will not be affiliated with an official Triad Furs meet up in anyway, even if the host is a Triad Furs Organizer. If you build close friendships and wish to host an after meet event or party, the Triad Furs recommend that you really know those that you invite into your home. This includes knowing their real name, background, where they came from, their favorite band or color, are they allergic to any foods? You get the idea, please make sure you really know & trust them. If the party will involve alcohol, be sure that all participants are 21 years old or older. No minors under the age of 18 years attending is probably the best policy regardless of what the party or gatherings parameters are.
• North Carolina basically has a “no masks allowed” law while in public spaces. If we are in a public or private venue and are asked by a venue representative or a representative of the law (including security officers) to remove our masks or fur suit heads. Please comply with their request.
• Noise ordinances vary from area to area, so we ask that if you feel the need to play music at a public meet, such as at a park, you keep the volume to a normal decibel level. Please note, when we are at meet ups at businesses or in some other public settings (such as on a disc golf course) music may not be appropriate at all. Use your best judgement. If you need guidance if music would be appropriate, please ask the meet up organizer(s) that are present.
• Failure to abide by any laws while discovered at a Triad Furs Meetup could incur a law enforcement response to properly handle the matter. Failure to abide to a law is grounds for immediate dismissal from the Triad Furs.
• Some of our meetings will be in Parks or doing Nature hikes. Follow the principles of “Leave no Trace” along the trails when Hiking outdoors, parks or public properties. Clean up after yourselves & do not leave trash behind unless in a proper receptacle.
• While visiting establishments of business, be understanding and respectful of that businesses rules or attire guidelines. Some of our meets may be full fur suit friendly, partial fur suit friendly (usually means ears & tails allowed) or no “Furry attire” at all. The individual meet up details on the website will clearly state what kind of attire is allowed for that individual meet.
• Show awareness for our other members of the community, bystanders and staff at the places we visit. Please think before you speak (or rant). Pause to consider who is around our group, where we are &/or if speaking directly to someone, the other persons point of view.
Posting your personal profile pictures
• No profile pictures overtly depicting lude, crude or offensive behavior, which is in tandem with previous guidelines. No pictures of yourself engaging in illegal behavior. No pictures of you potentially engaging in unethical or questionable behavior.
Uploading of pictures from an meeting to the meet up.com site
• You may not post pictures on the meet up site that show anything overtly lude, crude or offensive behavior, which is in tandem with previous guidelines. No pictures of engaging in illegal behavior. No pictures of potentially engaging in unethical or questionable behavior.
Make Differences into Strengths
• We can find strength in diversity. Different people have different perspectives on issues and that can be valuable when solving problems or generating new ideas. Being unable to understand why someone holds a viewpoint does not mean that they are wrong.
• All the organizers are exceptionally fair minded, approachable & friendly people, but aside from that, being an organizer is not an exclusive cliché. Anyone is welcome to help out or arrange meets if they so desire. Do you have an idea for a meet up? Please tell an organizer! We shall help contribute where we can to make it happen if there is an interest from the group. The organizers will be glad to take suggestions on ideas for meets so long as they do not violate any of the above tenants. From a simple suggestion of “Let’s meet at burger joint!” to something more involved such as “How about a flag football game.” If your meet up idea is beyond our range of knowledge or ability, we shall discuss terms making you, yourself, an organizer or if being a full organizer does not interest you, allowing you to make that meet up happen and we shall gladly post it for you.
• Please keep in mind when suggesting a meet, we try to keep most of our meets at an overall low cost.
Regarding Meetup Activity Start Time and Contact Numbers
Members who RSVP'ed "Yes" to an event are expected to attend the Meetup. Please plan on arriving prior to the designated start time. A contact number may be sent to members who RSVP "Yes" for some Meetups, but not all. It will be dependent on the situation of the meet up. Please contact the organizer if you have a last minute cancellation otherwise we would prefer you adjust your RSVP at least 24 hours in advance. If you have RSVP’d for a Meetup and are arriving a bit late, please contact the organizer, especially if it involved a reservation or ticket purchase. We will try to accommodate you if you are running a little late, but this may not always be the case. This guideline is primarily written for meetings that have ticket sales, prearranged numbers of attendees, reservations or attendance slots/openings. Such as at a trampoline park, roller rink, ice rink, restaurants, hang outs with limited space (such as coffee shops or local pubs etc.) but still holds merit for all posted meet ups. Please note, in the event of an unexpected cancelation where tickets are purchased in advance you will be accountable to the cost of that ticket. We cannot offer refunds in the event of such a cancelation.
Regarding No Shows
A "No Show" is when a member RSVP’d "Yes" but does not show up for the event and does not contact the host prior to the designated start time. If you RSVP yes but are a no-show 3 times within 120 days you will be removed from the group, but may reapply to join again if you wish. Members who are consistent "No Shows" may be removed from the group again and blocked from rejoining.
EXPULSION, DISCLAIMER AND AGREEMENT:
• Unfortunately, there are situations where it is in the best interest of the group to ban members. We do not want to ban anyone, but should it happen it is in the best interest for the Triad Furs as a collective whole. We shall only ban someone when we witness or confirm behavior that we deem detrimental to our group's comradery, overall group experience or in violation of our above guidelines posted here. Any member that organizers ban is not allowed to be a guest on any our meetups. In a non-hostile situation, organizers shall confer and discuss the situation(s). We may even conduct interviews or gather evidence if we deem necessary before anyone is banned especially in the cases where the organizer(s) do not witness said misconduct.
• As a member or guest, you are solely responsible for your own safety and well-being. You must expect the same risks and you should take the same precautions as if you were alone. By signing up for this Meetup group and/or attending any of this Meetup group's events, you acknowledge, understand, accept and agree that any and all activities can be dangerous and can cause serious bodily injury (hiking, trampoline parks, ice skating, just walking in a fur suit etc.). The organizers of this group, + current and former members cannot be held responsible or liable in any way for the actions of any participant, including yourself, at any event. All attendees who participate in events do so at their own risk and are solely responsible for any damage to their property, and/or any injury to themselves or their guests. By signing up for this Meetup Group and/or any event, you affirm that you understand this disclaimer, and that you knowingly and voluntarily agree not to bring any type of claim arising out of or related to this Meetup group against the organizer(s), co-organizer(s), assistant organizer(s), event-organizers and or any members.
• By joining our group you acknowledge that you read and agree to all of the above. Now, don’t be scared. We (the organizers) are not rules mongers by any stretch. We are looking to have fun and meet people as well. The above rules are not meant to squelch anyone’s freedom of expression and most importantly, we do not want to suffocate anyone’s fun. We just basically made rules saying “don’t be a jerk!” Anyway, did you really read all this? You did!!! Thank you! Now… let us have some fun!