This Meetup was canceled.
We want to support those Packmates who are interested in tackling the challenge of NaNoWriMo this year!
National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to creative writing. On November 1, participants begin working toward the goal of writing a 50,000-word novel by 11:59 PM on November 30.
Valuing enthusiasm, determination, and a deadline, NaNoWriMo is for anyone who has ever thought about writing a novel.
Details about how NaNoWriMo works can be found on their website at www.NaNoWriMo.org. (http://www.nanowrimo.org)
Each Wednesday that you attend our regular Writing With The Pack session, and you can prove your accumulated word count has been met for that day via the NaNoWriMo website word validation tool... we'll give you a $5 Panera Gift Card! This is just our little way of motivating you to keep your word counts on target.
At the end of the month, those writers who reach the full 50k word count goal will get a $25 Panera Gift Card so you can celebrate your grand writing accomplishment with dinner on us!
• You must RSVP to each Wednesday Writing With The Pack Session that you intend to prove your word count validation, no later than the Tuesday before hand.
• You must create a profile and validate your word counts via the NaNoWriMo.org (http://www.nanowrimo.org) website; and you must become Writing Buddies with DKWP614 (that's me, Diana Kathryn) so that we can verify your writing word counts.
• You must meet the word count requirement for the Wednesday that you attend the writing session. If you go over - that's great - you still win!
• Prizes (gift cards) are only distributed on Wednesdays at the Writing Sessions... and are not redeemable for cash.
• This program is only valid for local SE MI Packmates. Writers must appear in person for validation and prize pick-up.