Have you been on a quest to find the answers? bouncing from one spiritual thing to another always feeling like something is still lacking or it just does not seem right. Are you searching or waiting for that one big shift or change in your experience of reality? Have you been searching for answers to questions like: Who am I? Why am I here and what is my purpose? What is this world and where did it come from? What is enlightenment and Is it attainable? What is Self Inquiry? All these questions culminate into one real question … What is the TRUTH!
This group is for people/seekers whom:
• Want to hear what the ancient Rishis (seers), taught in the oldest known scientific text about spirituality that has been irrefutable as long as it has been around.
• You just want to know.. the truth.. with proof & evidence
• Serious striving for Enlightenment, Liberation, Moksha
• Seeking to have a more enjoyable life without suffering
• have been bouncing around from one spiritual thing or teacher to another looking for the answers/truth.
• want to understand exactly what the time tested and most successful method for enlightenment, Self Inquiry, is and how to perform it
• are stuck on some spiritual path waiting for “it” to happen
• are highly Intellectual and find fault in other spiritual paths
• Drawn to A course in Miracles, Gnosticism, Buddhism, Advaita Vedanta, Taoism, Hermetic Philosophy (Egyptian), esoteric
• beginners to advanced Vedanta students, following the Direct Path, into Neo Advaita • followers of OR ever wondered what recent Eastern sages like Ramana Maharshi, Nisaragattada Maharaj, Shri Atmananda Menon, Swami Chinmayananda, Swami Dayananda and western teachers like James Swartz, Francis Lucille, Rupert Spira, Greg Goode and all the non-dualist speak about?
All Religions and spiritual doctrines are unified in one thing and that is that this world is a non-duality reality which means everything is one including you as being "part" of the one. We have taken on the belief we are individuals, separate entities, persons...but when we investigate these false assumptions, of who we are, we'll see that that they cannot survive the investigation. The ultimate goal of this group is to bring "individuals" into the truth via self-inquiry in which realization/liberation will be the result for those that are ready.
Look at it this way, imagine you ask 5 people, where is the secret treasure of Goku Valley? 4 of them reply with under the big oak tree near the river. Lets say that is the correct answer. So know you know where it is but do you actual know how to get there? You were given the truth but not shown how to attain it. now, lets say the last person said, "it is under the big oak tree but to get there, you will need to travel 4 km up the stream, 50 meters southeast into the forest once you reach the fork in the river. If you pass a large stone pillar, you have gone to far" etc . All 5 gave you the correct answer but only one has given you the actual path to attain that treasure. Think of the 5 people now as 5 different spiritual paths, they all tell you that this world is non dual and you are of god, but 1 of them, the Vedanta one, will give you explicit instructions on how to realize it or attain it and how to get there.
Advaita Vedanta allows you to validate the truth with your own personal experience. It brings you up slowly by breaking down and describing the universe and then you. It is termed the progressive path and comes with traditional practices. The traditional approach is not required and a more non traditional approach such as the style of James Swartz can aid those that find it hard to stick to a stricter form of practice. Advaita Vedanta is the king of knowledge and the oldest spiritual scientific knowledge known to man and still “practiced”. It has not changed in 1000's of years and kept pure from generation to generation through the teaching lineage. Even thou most spiritual paths are speak of the same thing, Vedanta is unique in the fact it has constructed, over 1000's of years, a teaching methodology to learn and apply the truth.
What we will be doing in jnana yoga, the yoga of wisdom (knowledge assimilation), and unfortunately, most people are simply not drawn to it even thou it is the primary force for liberation/enlightenment in most. Smart thinkers or those that have been around the spiritual block so to speak are the norm for this type of group.
I will also employ pointers (forms of contemplation/meditation) so you can see/know for yourself who you are. This is the style of the direct path approach to self inquiry and expounded by recent great sages such as Ramana Maharshi, Sri Nisaragadatta Maharaj & Sri Atamananda Krishna Menon and Western Masters such as Francis Lucille, Rupert Spira, and Greg Goode. The object is to continual point you back to the truth of your being and the natural state.
If you are a mature person, ready to hear about "you" then this group is for you. This TRUE knowledge, if assimilated, will set you free but unlike all other spiritual ideas parading around in the real world as legitimate answers solely based usually on a personal experience of some teacher, this is based on experiential facts you can prove yourself to be true. Vedanta is a means of knowledge that employs a tried and true methodology called self-inquiry to remove one’s limiting, false ideas about one’s nature. When this ignorance is removed, the knowledge of oneself as limitless, non-dual awareness arises. This knowledge is called moksha, liberation or “enlightenment.”