Row to Row: Santana Row to Cannery Row
A mellow 2-up friendly lunch ride to Monterey's Cannery Row!!
space is limited - reserve your spot now
• When: Sunday 9/15/13, Arrive by 9:45 AM, KSU 10 AM (rain will cancel)
• Where: Meet in Santana Row at parking lot on corner of Winchester and Olsen (Map Link (https://maps.google.com/maps?q=470+South+Winchester+Blvd,+San+Jose,+CA&hl=en&ll=37.318636,-121.950038&spn=0.004096,0.024784&sll=36.522881,-121.862926&sspn=0.0727,0.198269&hnear=470+S+Winchester+Blvd,+San+Jose,+California+95128&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=37.318636,-121.950038&panoid=mOoSPfrOdoyXplxRQiq2HA&cbp=11,35.59,,0,0))
• Pace: Nice and mellow, worthy of a casual Sunday.
• Gear: Head to toe.
• Motorcycle: Yes, please bring it with you ;-)
• Route: ~ 200 +/- of terrific coastal and mountain roads. Tentative AM Route (CLICK HERE (https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=470+S+Winchester+Blvd,+Santana+Row,+San+Jose,+CA+95128&daddr=CA-17+S+to:Old+Santa+Cruz+Highway+to:Old+L+G+Santa+Cruz+Rd+to:Summit+Rd+to:Soquel+San+Jose+Rd+to:Soquel+San+Jose+Rd+to:Laurel+Glen+Rd+to:N+Rodeo+Gulch+Rd+to:N+Rodeo+Gulch+Rd+to:Prescott+Ave&hl=en&ll=36.914764,-121.79718&spn=1.220952,3.172302&sll=36.609086,-121.890564&sspn=0.019154,0.049567&geocode=FQBwOQIduTC7-CmdNZeq38qPgDEtSYYSnWNu3w%3BFYgkOQIdWlW7-A%3BFblTNwIdrpe6-A%3BFZzkNgIdKc26-A%3BFVyWNgId3Aq7-A%3BFZRZNgId0XW7-A%3BFUDsNQIdyiy7-A%3BFawUNQIdVTy7-A%3BFaU1NQIdT_W6-A%3BFatmNAIdsOO6-A%3BFZ21LgIdxe-7-A&mra=mi&mrsp=10&sz=15&t=m&z=9))
GPS Route: CLICK HERE . (http://files.meetup.com/1253604/Row_to_Row.gdb)
• Lunch: Cannery Row Brewing Company (Yelp Link (http://www.yelp.com/biz/cannery-row-brewing-company-monterey)) (Map Link (https://maps.google.com/maps?q=95+Prescott+Avenue,+Monterey,+CA&hl=en&ll=36.615631,-121.901143&spn=0.004134,0.024784&sll=37.269174,-119.306607&sspn=9.210239,25.378418&oq=95+Prescott+Ave&hnear=95+Prescott+Ave,+Monterey,+California+93940&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=36.615637,-121.901132&panoid=LtyY9kkUDBbJj-_w_d274g&cbp=11,96.27,,0,-5.11))
Words of Wisdom:
~ Please review Liability Release statement at THIS LINK (http://www.groupridesforum.net/pages/Liability_Release/)
~ Proper gear, a working machine and gas in the tank is highly recommended.
~ Ride within your comfort zone and leave room for bad karma.
~ Lead may pass slower traffic when it's safe. You don't have to. Remember, someone will wait for you at turns, so just relax and have fun.
~ Lead maintains the Pace according to road conditions with safety of all riders in mind. Be mindful of others in the group. Let faster riders get ahead of you by moving to the right and signaling them to pass you. And if you want to pass the rider(s) who are in front of you, make sure to do so safely and without startling them.
~ Let someone on the ride know if you have a medical condition or have allergies.
~ If you know the area and would like to sweep for the group (AM shift, PM shift
or both), please let me know.
~ Good stuff to read before going on group
rides (CLICK (http://www.groupridesforum.net/messages/boards/thread/9266605)).
Keep an eye for the rider(s) behind you so they won't take a wrong turn.
If they get lost, you'll buy their lunch
My Phone #
Bay Area Weather Outlook: