Breaking Dad: A North Bay Excursion
Honoring all dads, future dads and would-be dads, join us for a fun filled day-ride through picturesque moto-roads North of Golden Gate Bridge surrounded by trees, creeks, hills, valleys and the magnificent Pacific coast. This ride is appropriate for riders with 15+K miles and 2+ years of seat time. Not for newbies.
- - - - - -
When: Saturday 6/16/18, arrive 9:30 AM (for coffee, gossip and group hug); KSU 10 AM
Where: Starbucks, Strawberry Village (800 Redwood Highway Frontage Rd, Mill Valley, CA[masked])[masked] - Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/WPVeS2TXRQy
(Take Seminary Exit off 101N. Strawberry Village is on the East side of Freeway on Redwood Hwy Frontage Rd. Starbucks is between In-N-Out Burger and Safeway. Park in the FRONT parking lot facing Hwy 101, NOT the back side of the shopping center. You can fill up @ Strawberry Chevron).
• Pace: Not too fast. Not too slow. Just Right.
• Gear: Head to toe
• Motorcycle: Yes, please bring one with you ;-)
• Good Stuff To Read For This Ride → https://tinyurl.com/GRF-Etiquette
• Route: ~ Approx 130 (+/-) miles of choice back roads North of Golden Gate, mostly smooth and creamy asphalt with a few sprinkles bumps here-n-there, just for fun. There will be an abundance of turns and curves. But relax, chill and enjoy the ride, and most importantly .... the company.
We will end the ride in the North Bay around 3-3:30 PM.
~|~ South Bay / Peninsula contingent can meet at Rest Stop on 280N North of Hwy 92 (right after Bunker Hill exit). KSU 8:30 AM. Map link = http://tinyurl.com/280RestStop
Words of Wisdom:
- Please review Liability Release statement at THIS LINK (http://www.groupridesforum.net/pages/Liability_Release/)
- Recommended Reading: "THE PACE" by Nick Lenatsch. Link: (http://www.rka-luggage.com/A17%20The%20Pace/the%20pace%202.pdf)
- Proper gear, a working machine and gas in the tank is highly recommended.
- Ensure you and your motorcycle are in good working conditions.
- Ride within your comfort zone and leave room for bad karma.
- Ride staggered in straights. In twisties single file and 2-3+ seconds apart.
- Lead may pass slower traffic when it's safe. You don't have to. Remember, someone will wait for you at turns, so just relax and have fun.
- Leads will maintain The Pace according to road conditions with safety of all riders in mind. Be mindful of others in the group. Let faster riders get ahead of you by moving to the right and signaling them to pass you. And if you want to pass the rider(s) who are in front of you, make sure to do so safely and without startling them.
- Do not make unsafe passes, or pass from the right.
- When we stop at gas stations, fill up. That may be the only gas stop of the ride.
- If you need to leave early, be sure to tell the lead and sweep. Be in the back of the group when leaving so no one follows.
- It's a good idea to have road side emergency and towing service membership (e.g., AAA). Or call Ambroz Towz @ (510)[masked] for moto tow with care.
- Getting a flat tire in not uncommon. Carry "Stop & Go" tire repair kit. GroupRides gets a group discount. See this link (https://www.meetup.com/GroupRides/pages/19508143/Preferred_Dealers_and_Motorcycle_Services/) for more info.
- Carry water and snacks.
- Good stuff to read before going on group rides (CLICK).
- Please keep an eye for the rider(s) behind you so they won't take a wrong turn. If they get lost, we all have to go look for them:
Be sure you are 100% familiar with group riding etiquette and safety protocols. Please read THIS LINK !!! (https://tinyurl.com/GroupRidingEtiquette)
Bay Area Weather Outlook:
Would you like to support GRF? Here's how: