You must have a desire to publish, learn, and grow your readership to join this group.
I started this group to help other writers in the self-publishing process.
The publishing world has changed a lot over the past decade. Traditional publishing, once the ultimate goal of the writing world, is no longer the first choice for many of us. It is possible to make a living being a self-published author. We have complete control over our book – editing, cover, price, distribution. And we keep more of our royalties.
We will have meetings to help you with titles, editing, publishing, distributing, and marketing your book.
I belong to a number of online groups that deal with the business of writing. What I learn in those groups I will pass on to you. I have self-published over twenty works, though I am no expert, I know the ropes of going through the process.
We’ll talk about:
· Finding an editor
· Getting ISBNs (they’re free for us)
· Finding book cover designers (tips too on creating your own covers if funds are tight)
· Book descriptions
· Formatting and getting your book ready to publish
· Distribution – setting up accounts with KDP, Kobo, Draft2Digital
· Avoiding vanity publishers and those offering “services” to publish for you
· Plus more
If you want to talk about the craft of writing and improving your prose please join the companion group Guelph Write Now (http://www.meetup.com/Guelph-Write-Now). This group is strictly about the business of writing, specifically self-publishing. We won’t be discussing traditional publishing.