What we're about
For those looking to begin or advance your dance journey, join the Ballroom Basics program at the Downtown Y: a comprehensive program to help you quickly achieve your goals and enjoy more chances to dance. Available to all; YMCA members receive a reduced rate.
- Private Lessons are key to developing good habits while making fast progress. Tailored to individual dance goals and needs, focus on detail and refine the mechanics of 'how' to move well. Schedule at your convenience;
- Group Lessons are an efficient way to learn new moves and practice with different partners. The class is progressive and is shaped by the memberships' unique goals and needs. 'Ballroom' dances are taught as a foundation for more 'Social' dances - the result is an ability to dance unconditionally, with high-quality movement and clear communication on the dance floor
- Monthly Dance Socials are a chance to practice, pick up new moves, and try out Ballroom Basics.
Attend Beginner and Intermediate Group Dance Lessons, practice in the comfort of a nurturing learning environment, participate in occasional demonstrations, and bring your friends! FREE for all.
The last Thursday of each month, 7-8:30pm
- Performance Opportunities give you a goal and a reason to strive. Master technique and create the muscle memory you need to feel effortless on any dance floor. Members often perform at Nursing Homes, Retirement Centers, Bars, YMCA's and local Parks and Plazas.
- 'Guerrilla' Dance Opportunities are an adventurous way to overcome a shortage of dance venues while expanding your comfort zone. We take advantage of unconventional chances to dance to live music at museums, festivals, the library, etc.
For a fun, fast way to achieve your dance goals, try Ballroom Basics at the Downtown Y!
Amon G Carter YMCA
512 Lamar St, Fort Worth, TX 76102