Google and Bloomberg are co-hosting the Apache HBase community at an East Coast HBaseCon on Monday, September 26th, 2016. The meeting will be held in the afternoon, 12-6PM, at Google in Chelsea, at 76 9th Ave., NYC (Strata NYC starts the next day).
If you run Apache HBase in production or aspire to do so, come to the conference and meet the rest of your community. Sign up here to register!
Here is the Schedule
12:00 Doors open
• 12:30 Welcome, Carter Page, Google and Matt Hunt of Bloomberg
• 12:40 BigTable Post-OSDI Features, Phaneendhar Vemuru, Google
• 1:00-1:30 “Stalled is worse than dead” - combating stability issues caused by stalling region servers, Mikhail Antonov, Facebook
• 1:30-2:00 Architecture of an Open Source RDBMS powered by HBase and Spark, John Leach (http://www.splicemachine.com/) and Daniel Gomez Ferro (http://www.splicemachine.com/), Splice Machine
• 2:00-2:15 Break
• 2:15-2:45 HBase Coprocessors,Esther Kundin (https://www.linkedin.com/in/estherkundin) and Clay Baenziger (http://clayb.net/blog), Bloomberg
• 2:45-3:15 Time series collection and processing in the cloud: integrating OpenTSDB with Google Cloud Bigtable, Danil Zburivsky and Max Luebbe, Google
• 3:15-3:30 Break
• 3:30-4:00 Practical Kerberos with Apache HBase, Josh Elser, Hortonworks
• 4:00-4:30 Spark on HBase, the current state of the Art, Jean-Marc Spaggiari (http://cloudera.com/), Cloudera
• 4:30-5:00 HBase on Alluxio: an architecture to run hbase with any storage, Haoyuan Li, Alluxio
• 5:00-6:00 Mingle, Beers
• 2:15-2:45 HBase on Docker with Clusterdock, Dima Spivak, Cloudera
• 2:45-3:15 Old Whine in New Bottles: Can insights gained in dealing with gripes about older NoSQL DBMSes uncork improvements for the current-generation?, Daniel Vimont
• 3:30-4:00 Update on the HBase-based Timeline Service V2, Sangjin Lee and Joep Rottinghuis, Twitter
• 4:00-6:00 DEMOS: Trafodion, Splice Machine, PepperData, etc.
• 6:00 Hard Stop (Security have to go home!)