Hands Across the Water is a charity that provide amazing experiences that change lives. This group is for anyone with a sense of adventure and a desire to do good. We organise charity bike rides and hiking trips in New Zealand, Thailand and Australia, as well as a whole lot of fun social fundraising events.
Hands Across the Water is Australia and New Zealand's largest charity provider in Thailand. One hundred percent of our fundraising goes toward kids and communities in Thailand who need it most. Since the Boxing Day Tsunami disaster, we have raised over $2 million dollars, helping over 350 children Our epic bike rides visit the beautiful southern coastline of Thailand, jungle treks in remote national parks and rural bike rides through the northern villages, as well as a cycling journies from Cape Reinga to Bluff in New Zealand.
Along the way, our members create hundreds of awesome events to help fund their trips. If you've ever thought about doing something like this then join up and learn about some of our great experiences.
- 3000km cycling from Cape Reinga to Bluff (in six different legs) - 800km cycling journies through Thailand's north and south - 100km hiking trips through remote jungles in Thailand - fundraising cycling trips in Australia - local social and fundraising events - business and leadership conferences
Ride to Provide: South Thailand 2019
Date: 14-23 JAN 2019
Heading down Thailand’s east coast beside the gulf of Thailand you’ll ride through resort towns such as Hua Hin and Khiri Khan before crossing the mountains that divide the east and west. From there it’s a short trip to Khao Lak where the children from our Baan Tharn Namchai home will greet you excitedly and show you exactly how important your fundraised dollars are – not just for sustaining them, but for deeply enriching their lives.Overview
800km in 8 days: Open to anyone, these rides are “inclusive” – meaning the goal is not to finish first, but to finish together. As a group of both seasoned and first time riders you’ll travel 800km in just 8 days, with a rest day in the middle.
Stunning Scenery: Journey through tropical rainforest, breathtaking vistas and vast landscapes to experience the true beauty and biodiverstiy of Thailand. You’ll travel through remote villages and meet the locals, far away from the typical tourist trails.
Fundraise: There is a fundraising component to qualify for the ride, with 100% of fundraising going directly to the children in Thailand. We will support you with your fundraising every step of the way with access to our dedicated events and marketing team.
Meet the children: Finish the ride at Baan Tharn Namchai to be greeted warmly by the very children you have worked so hard to support. You’ll see first-hand the difference your phenomenal effort has made to so many lives.
• 10 Nights Accommodation
• all Meals
• Hybrid bike
• Support crew and bike mechanics
• Superior customised riding jersey, knicks and gloves
• Individual rider fundraising page and on-going fundraising support
• Airport transfers to and from ride (to nearest airport)
• Hands T-shirt
• Three month training program
• Australian-based ride coordinator
• Rider information pack and regular emails leading up to the ride
• Ride led by the charity founder Peter Baines OAM