We are celebrating passing 2,000 members in the Photography with Harold Davis Meetup. That is to say, we are celebrating you---and all the wonderful, creative photographic education, travel, and fun we have had across the years on our way to 2,000 members...
This is a free Book give-away! There are no links to click. You DO NOT have to be online on November 1, 2017 for a chance to win a copy of Harold's latest book The Photographer's Black & White Handbook (https://www.amazon.com/dp/1580934781/) from Monacelli Press (a $35.00 value). On November 1, Katie Rose will pick the winner at random.
The rules are simple:
• RSVP "Yes" to this meetup'
• Post your photo in the Black & White Handbook photo album (https://www.meetup.com/Harold-Davis/photos/28192702/) for this group. You can access the photo album by clicking this link or by clicking the Photos tab at the top of this Meetup web page and finding the Black & White Handbook album (https://www.meetup.com/Harold-Davis/photos/28192702/).
• You can also add another black and white photo if you'd like! (We love to see your great photos!).
Some other details:
• We can only ship the book to continental US addresses.
• If you already have a copy of The Photographers Black & White Handbook (https://www.amazon.com/dp/1580934781/)and you are the winner, limited title substitution for another book of Harold's is possible.
• Please caption your image as Harold does, with the image name, copyright symbol, followed by your name. For example: Red Rose in Black and White © Harold Davis. On Windoze you get the copyright symbol by holding down Alt + Numlock and entering 0169 on the numeric keypad. On the Mac, the copyright symbol is Alt + G on the keyboard. It's good form to put a copyright notice on any image of yours that is published, inclusion in a photo album on Meetup is a form of publication, and we want to be sure to teach proper professional practice as part of our mission in this group. The caption field appears above the image after it has been uploaded.
Have fun with your photography!!!!
Book Description (per Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/1580934781/)): The Photographer’s Black & White Handbook is your complete guide to making and processing stunning black and white photos in the digital era. You’ll find inspiration, ideas, techniques, and tools to use in your black and white photography, along with a soup-to-nuts workflow to take you from black and white pre-visualization through capture and post-production. Along the way you will lean over Harold’s shoulder as he travels to exciting photo destinations and creates stunning black and white imagery, explaining his creative and technical processes as he goes.
Thanks! Enjoy the process.
YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE GIVE-AWAY UNLESS YOU POST A BLACK & WHITE IMAGE!!!
On November 1, 2017 we will put your names in a hat and let Katie Rose pick out a name...may the most creative photographer win!
If you are the lucky winner, we will email you and tell you!