addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Photography with Harold Davis Message Board › New session of Photographing Flowers for Transparency Added; other workshop

New session of Photographing Flowers for Transparency Added; other workshop offerings

Harold D.
Harold-Davis
Group Organizer
Berkeley, CA
Dear Member of Photography with Harold Davis,

You can keep abreast of all my doings by checking out my blog or by subscribing to my dedicated emails, depending on your preference. If you prefer to receive fewer emails from Meetup.com, please check out this link. Also for the most current information, please check out the Workshops page on my blog.

Phyllis and I hope to see you in a workshop soon, and thank you for your support!
Harold Davis

• Mastering Creative Photoshop: The Way of the Digital Photographer---This workshop covers developing a personal digital Photoshop workflow. Topics explained in detail include archiving and checkpoints, RAW processing, multi-RAW processing, HDR, hand-HDR, stacking, LAB color creative effects, monochromatic conversions, using backgrounds and textures, layers, layers masks, working with channels, Photoshop filters, and plugins from Nik Software, onOne Software, and Topaz---In Berkeley, CA, the weekend of January 25-26, 2014; click here for info and to register. I get many people asking me about developing a personal workflow, and also about my Photoshop techniques---this workshop is the forum for mastering both issues successfully.

• Achieving Your Potential As a Digital Photographer: A Multi-Modal Ongoing Six Month Workshop--This workshop provides a platform for ongoing mentoring in the context of a supportive group environment. Customized individual assignments will be given. After the initial intensive two-day in-person session, we will keep in touch with monthly private group online webinars and individual phone or email consultations. A final dinner to review work and celebrate our progress will be provided at the conclusion of the workshop. Limited to 12 photographers. A portfolio review is required---starting the weekend of March 15-16, 2014, and ongoing; click here for info and instructions on how to apply.

• Many of the 2013 Paris photographers have "re-enlisted" for the 2014 workshop, which should tell you something about the quality of the offering. Photograph Paris with Harold Davis features Paris at night, exclusive after-hours access to the gardens at Giverny, black & white, several excursions, a luxury hotel with character, and much more. April 26 - May 5, 2014; Click here for detailed information and itinerary, and click here for online registration. This is a transformative workshop where we eat, sleep and breath photography, having fun in Paris all the while. A great deal of learning happens!

­
Flowers of Late Summer © Harold Davis

What folks have said about Harold Davis workshops and events (unsolicited comments):

•  “A great artist and speaker!”—W. Anglin
  •  “Harold is genuine, generous, and gracious - He has a world of knowledge and expertise that he loves to share - his wonderful books show his monumental talents and skill set- his workshops shows the depth of his connecting with others in a very real and personal way.”—P. Borrelli
  • “Awesome! He patiently addressed questions from the audience which contained photographers of all levels , molding his answers to the level of understanding for each of us. His presentations covered a wonderful range of technical knowledge as well as emphasizing the need for images to have an emotional quality. The images he shares are breathtaking and he is generous in sharing many facets of how he captures such beauty.”—J. Phillips
  • “Not all photographers are good verbal communicators. Harold is someone who can DO and TEACH. A rare combination of talents.”—B. Sawyer
  • “Inspiring!”
  • “He was very giving of his talents and time. The course was very organized and thorough. Loved it! Learned so much! ... I also wanted to let you know that I have more than paid the cost of the workshops I've done with you by selling some photos! I have sold three prints already.”—L. Beck
  • “Very creative and a marvelous instructor.”—Kay S.